What's new

Is the Equinox 700 hard to use??

UrbanGrouper

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2022
Messages
80
Reaction score
79
Golden Thread
0
Location
Orlando, FL
I'm considering a new 700 after watching a YT video of a guy comparing the depth of an Equinox to a Manticore. Although he didn't specify what model Equinox, he concluded that the two models had basically the same depth, he was at a park in NY. My question is, how hard is it to dial-in the 700 control box? The Manticore seems to be more user friendly, but double the cost, I'll be hunting the Treasure Coast beaches. Thanks for any feedback!
 
Last edited:
I owned the Equinox 600 for a year and the 700 is an improvement over the original 600/800 model. It's incredibly easy to use and is for the most part a turn on and go machine that also has all the capabilities you need for beach hunting. Mental Metal has a video on how to set your Equinox up in 5 minutes I would suggest you check it out. I would also suggest for beach hunting you might ask around but the higher frequencies on the 900 would be better for the beach on gold items.
 
I'm considering a new 700 after watching a YT video of a guy comparing the depth of an Equinox to a Manticore. Although he didn't specify what model Equinox, he concluded that the two models had basically the same depth, he was at a park in NY. My question is, how hard is it to dial-in the 700 control box? The Manticore seems to be more user friendly, but double the cost, I'll be hunting the Treasure Coast beaches. Thanks for any feedback!

I owned the Equinox 600 for a year and the 700 is an improvement over the original 600/800 model. It's incredibly easy to use and is for the most part a turn on and go machine that also has all the capabilities you need for beach hunting. Mental Metal has a video on how to set your Equinox up in 5 minutes I would suggest you check it out. I would also suggest for beach hunting you might ask around but the higher frequencies on the 900 would be better for the beach on gold items.
From what I read, the 700 & 900 are basically the same. The difference in the 900 seems to be a gold setting, used for very small gold nugget prospecting, that you probably wouldn't use on the beach. I'm going to check out the set-up video that you mentioned, thanks a bunch for the heads up!
 
They are close to the same except for the gold prospecting setting with the 900 does have more adjustments inside the settings. The Minelab Equinox 700 it is a great Detector for the money. The new Nokta Legend 2 with 2 coil and right now a free Accupoint pointer is the best bang for the buck out there. Definitely check it out. That 9 inch coil on it is absolutely amazing!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom