Equinox and Coiltek coils on the X-Terra Pro.

The Oracle

Greenie
Apr 7, 2023
The Coiltek elliptical and Nox coils will not work at high sensitivity settings at 5kHz. Detector goes bonkers. Lowered it to 16 is about as high as it will go. 10 and 15 kHz no problem. My favorite program to use is Beach 1 at 8kHz. Sweet. Will use this one on dirt tomorrow.

Last edited:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Coiltek elliptical and Nox coils will not work at high sensitivity settings at 5kHz. Detector goes bonkers. Lowered it to 16 is about as high as it will go. 10 and 15 kHz no problem. My favorite program to use is Beach 1 at 8kHz. Sweet. Will use this one on dirt tomorrow.
Good to know, I was about to buy a Nox coil but will hold off for a bit until more info comes in regarding compatibilty. Thanks!

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you on the coiltek 10x5 coil. The 11 inch eq900 coil on my xterra seems to run just fine.

On the 10x5 coil tek coil it is very sensitive to emi. Noise canceling several times did not work. I had to run sensitivity down to 18.

It also does not goes as deep as the 6 in eq coil with my eq900 and xtp.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread