What's new

Equinox or safari

rickbrk

Full Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2013
Messages
123
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Location
Floresville TX.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a chance to get a safari used for the same price as a equinox. Safari seems to be an established machine as we are still waiting on equinox unbiased field test. The safari has a lot more frequencies than the nox. Wouldn’t that be an advantage? Would the safari be a good choice or should I wait on the nox?
 
I have a Safari, and I truly like it, being FBS, and will keep it. I am waiting for the EQ 800, it will operate with 5 Freq's, but you also have the option to operate at a single Freq. if you should choose to, which the Safari cannot, and the EQ is waterproof, again the Safari is not. I might also note that the response time for the EQ is fast, whereas the Safari is somewhat on the slower side.
 
Fbs is great, I have the etrac, and love it, but if it was me, I would wait and see what the equinox was all about first. If it is as good as advertised, you wont regret it, plus being waterproof to 10 feet will expand your hunting capabilities to the water, which alot of times is an untapped resource in alot of areas.
 
I will take the advice and wait but the wait is killing me lol thinking the 600 will be the one for me
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom