ETrac and beach hunting???

Jackalope

Jun 27, 2009
Oahu, HI
Detector(s) used
White's, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The dynamics of the E-Trac is about the same as the CTX-3030, which means it can handle the same soils. The CTX can handle dry, wet, salt plus mineral soils around the beach - which the E-Trac can too. Since the E-Trac is not waterproof or even water resistant, water is the E-Trac's nemesis.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The E-trac and CTX don't use the same coils. The E-trac and Explorer will however. The E-trac is a very good dry sand (and wet sand) detector. I find it doesn't go quite as deep as the Excalibur but it'll still go down 16" on a quarter in favorable conditions. I recommend a wide open screen with maybe just the 01 and 02 ferrous lines blocked and the 01-38 and 46-50 conductive blocked to eliminate iron and mineral falsing. A small coil and TTF around the fire rings works very well too, if you go real slow and have the patience! :laughing7:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very interesting information!

kickit

Mar 18, 2013
southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Etrac, AT Pro, F2, Garrett Propointer
I'm sure this is a dumb question to all you experienced Etrac users but does the "Beach" mode do anything other than change the discrimination?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it changes threshold to "pitch hold" just like Excal and Sovereign. Targets too deep to give a target response but enough to change the threshold will cause the tone of the TH to change.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread