Etrack or Safari?

Northtxhunter

Dec 8, 2013
Willow Park, Tx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started detecting in 1983 and after several years moved on to other hobbies. Now I'm ready to start digging coins again. All of my machines have been Garrett. After a lot of research, I'm considering either a Safari or Etrac. I would certainly welcome your comments on these two machines.

Thanks,
Northtxhunter

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back! If you afford the E-trac, get it.

issombeituni

May 26, 2013
I have a safari. Knowing the way I am I would be tweaking the tracs settings all the time doubting my setting I am using. That's just me. I love my safari so far and found 3 silvers from a park that I been hunting with my old detector

Attachments

• image-525997906.jpg
    image-525997906.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 88

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a safari. Knowing the way I am I would be tweaking the tracs settings all the time doubting my setting I am using. That's just me. I love my safari so far and found 3 silvers from a park that I been hunting with my old detector

Nice work! Congrats! Give me a ring with questions on the two. Be glad to help you!

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, and welcome back to the hobby!

Both of those machines are excellent choices for most types of hunting.

The Etrac is a bit more refined, both in balance/handling and in operation, so if you can afford the difference in price Id suggest it... But the Safari is no slouch! They closely mirror each other in a lot of ways, so if you go the way of the Safari it will serve you well.

Give me me a call if you want more details, we will be more than happy to discuss the differences over the phone. :)

cahil_2

Apr 27, 2012
West. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab e-trac,
Garrett Pro pointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator 31 Digger, Minelab pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No brainer, get an etrac.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
The etrac is great. I own one and it loves silver. It hits solid on coins at depth and takes a lot of guesswork out of the equation by its ferrous and conductive readings and knowing if the target is iron. With both you have to learn the sounds to be a better hunter though. Screens are not 100 percent as we all know, but the etrac is the most accurate I have used. When you have something good your conductive numbers dont jump around much unlike other detectors vdi jumps around at depth. I have never used a safari but almost got one before I settled on the etrac. It uses the fbs technology just like the etrac with fewer features, but if you think you will want an etrac after you get the safari, save some money and just go for the etrac right out of the gate. That is the biggest reason I got the etrac first and I am glad I did.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If u can swing the price get the etrac. Dont get me wrong I absolutely love my safari and wouldn't trade it for anything but an etrac or ctx.

OP
OP
N

Northtxhunter

Dec 8, 2013
Willow Park, Tx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to everyone for your posts. Looks like the Etrac is the machine of choice. That's also the way I was leaning. Again thanks to all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions