What's new

even a blind chicken gets a kernel once in a while

davest

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
3,320
Reaction score
1,289
Golden Thread
0
Location
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
after reading all the posts about CWB and TI and SPB, I thought I would hunt a beach near the pier. I guess I had a hunch or sumpin.

I think I paid for my parking the rest of the year It's only 14K but what the heck :laughing7:
 

Attachments

  • Chain&Scale2.webp
    Chain&Scale2.webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 738
  • Gold Chain2 9-18-10.webp
    Gold Chain2 9-18-10.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 733
Upvote 0
Now that is a Nice parking Payment!!! Great find Chug and Red
 
Could ya send me a hunch by mental telepathy? I sure would like to find somptin like dat. Awesome. Ralph
 
Killer find!!! :thumbsup:
 
"what the heck" nothing...that is a good find.


U.
 
my seahunter is suffering from allergies or something. One minute the volume is up, next it's down, then I get the wahwahs or a mismuffled squeak sound that really interferes with hearing targets. I bought a new coil,didn't help. was gonna send it in for repair, recalibration, rewhatever they do with these things when they get em, but I thought, "I'll use it until the water is too cold to walk in without clothes". So occassionally I move the headphone wires around and it settles down long enough to hear distinct hits. This one hit like a buried sixpack and it was falling out of my scoop when I picked it out of the water. first thoughts, "oh, that's shiny".

If I can get more for it as a chain I will, but monday late it's gonna be scrap metal.
 
What is something like that worth, even at 14k?
 
EpsilonMinus said:
What is something like that worth, even at 14k?

Total gold value is $1,171.79.

try this link

http://www.goldperounce.net/

Probably wont get sold to a scrapper for that amount but it is always good to be informed before selling!!!!
 
without going to midwest refineries, I should get 80% of that figure mol. :dontknow:

I figure it took me about 45 minutes of hunting so it's a nice return.
 
ARA, 98% return. Worth the weight of gold
 
what about a blind squirrel :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:oo
 

Attachments

  • Heather_Graham_001.webp
    Heather_Graham_001.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 625
  • Heather_Graham_001.webp
    Heather_Graham_001.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 593
  • Heather_Graham_001.webp
    Heather_Graham_001.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 599
Well done, even for a blind chicken, hehe... :laughing7: I'm heading home soon (reunite with my detector) so hoping I might find a 'kernel' as well. HH!
 
Nice find. I should have gone there instead of going to ...... Lately, I've hit several hunted out beaches that ended up producing.

I sold 3 rings the other day in Pasco.....18 grams of 14k, received $360.....

HH
 
Still waitin' and prayin' for my first gold.

Couldn't go this weekend which was a bummer.

Florida east coast beaches were really taking a pounding this weekend due to Igor.
 
JP said:
Nice find. I should have gone there instead of going to ...... Lately, I've hit several hunted out beaches that ended up producing.

I sold 3 rings the other day in Pasco.....18 grams of 14k, received $360.....

HH

You did not do well according to my #'s I just ran on Dendritics.
http://dendritics.com/scales/metal-...83&Purity=0.583&PrOzt=&CurrencyN=USD&Markup=0

After sending it off to ARA, you would have netted approximately $422.76 on today's market that is. Try these guys next time, IF you don't want to get screwed.
http://www.aragold.com/refining-schedule.html
 
Gulf Hunter said:
JP said:
Nice find. I should have gone there instead of going to ...... Lately, I've hit several hunted out beaches that ended up producing.

I sold 3 rings the other day in Pasco.....18 grams of 14k, received $360.....

HH

You did not do well according to my #'s I just ran on Dendritics.
http://dendritics.com/scales/metal-...83&Purity=0.583&PrOzt=&CurrencyN=USD&Markup=0

After sending it off to ARA, you would have netted approximately $422.76 on today's market that is. Try these guys next time, IF you don't want to get screwed.
http://www.aragold.com/refining-schedule.html

Thanks for the info.

I did make one error above. I sold 16 grams of 14k in which would be $386 in today's value. Next time I will send it in. That would be around $26 more in my pocket....almost a tank of gas....
 
Smudge said:
Still waitin' and prayin' for my first gold.

Couldn't go this weekend which was a bummer.

Florida east coast beaches were really taking a pounding this weekend due to Igor.

My friend that's when you gotta go! If your not able to get in the water, pound the wet sand!!! Times like that ,I'll even use my PTO (payed time off)and skip work. Your gold is coming soon real soon!!!! :icon_pirat:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom