What's new

Ever see one of these? (Cool way to clean)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
8,006
Reaction score
899
Golden Thread
0
Location
Location: Undisclosed
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey mud, diamond jim showed me some large cents he cleaned using a sonic jewelry cleaner. the results were pretty impressive! enough so that i went and bought one on e-bay! it was only $10 !! ( nobody else bid on it!) as soon as i get it and use it i will let you know how it works.
 
I have thought of thoses too! For the old bronze coins... Let me know how it goes Hollow! You too mud! Thanks
 
The ultrasonic cleaner should work well for dirty coins but not on the finish. I have wanted to get one. The only thing you should be carefull about is a coin or object that is high corroded as it could be shaken pieces.

Ed Donovan
 
hey,

Cool some of you showed an intrest. Like I said they make one that uses only water, thats the one I want. Can't be worse than a rock tumbler right?

Keep @ it and HH!!
 
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
hey,

Cool some of you showed an intrest. Like I said they make one that uses only water, thats the one I want. Can't be worse than a rock tumbler right?

Keep @ it and HH!!

MUD, did you ever get this machine? I'm just curious how it worked out.
 
hey badge, i dont know if mud ever got one but i got the one i mentioned earlier in the thread. it works pretty good! i cant say i would pay $50 for one but for 25 or so id say go for it. it really does a nice job at removing tough caked on dirt, especially in hard to get at areas. its not a miricle worker mind you, but it does a respectable job. ;)
 
hollowpointred said:
hey badge, i dont know if mud ever got one but i got the one i mentioned earlier in the thread. it works pretty good! i cant say i would pay $50 for one but for 25 or so id say go for it. it really does a nice job at removing tough caked on dirt, especially in hard to get at areas. its not a miricle worker mind you, but it does a respectable job. ;)

Thanks much hollowpointred.

Sounds real good.

Badger
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom