"The cage"....the actual AA battery holder inside the pod.
"The pods"....the AA cages will fit inside the rechargeable pod (according to my measurements) so this is what I'm going to do.
I'm making the switch back to AA's because I never had a single battery issue when I was using them. Replacements are cheap, reliable, and readily at hand just about anywhere. Not that I travel much anymore, but I do plan to again, so with batteries I don't have to concern myself with a recharging source, just install fresh batteries when required. (we use to camp in remote locations for several days at a time and planning to do more of it again). Storms come, storms go - fresh batteries will always insure hunting time on the beach even in the event of extended power losses. Also, one drop of water across those rechargeable leads and it's, "instant toast". I just don't see any advantage to the rechargeable batteries. Never really did.