What's new

Excal Quick and Easy Straight Shaft

bigscoop

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
14,653
Reaction score
9,097
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All it takes is a length of 3/4" tubing to whatever length you want and then drilling a few holes. Use the arm cuff bolt to mount the tubing inside the existing shaft. Saves you a ton of money and works fantastic. :icon_thumright:
 

Attachments

  • excal con1.webp
    excal con1.webp
    14 KB · Views: 203
  • excalcon2.webp
    excalcon2.webp
    10.4 KB · Views: 181
Upvote 0
That's using your noodle
 
Finished the homemade shaft tonight. I used 1/2" conduit, outside diameter is exactly 3/4". Drilled holes, used stainless steel bolts with ss wing nuts. After the new shaft was cut to size and holes drilled I wrapped it with blue electrical tape. It looks professionally made. Thank you BigScoop. You saved me $90.
 

Attachments

  • image-3239110181.webp
    image-3239110181.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 149
  • image-895631397.webp
    image-895631397.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 151
Finished the homemade shaft tonight. I used 1/2" conduit, outside diameter is exactly 3/4". Drilled holes, used stainless steel bolts with ss wing nuts. After the new shaft was cut to size and holes drilled I wrapped it with blue electrical tape. It looks professionally made. Thank you BigScoop. You saved me $90.

Looks great! Nice job! :icon_thumleft:
 
OBN0033.webp Handles are tuff, specially when there is a toggle at the end....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom