Excalibur extension help!

beach

Jan 20, 2015
DE Beaches
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,

I'm new here and at detecting for the most part. Had a Whites coinmaster, but really wanted to get into the water so did a lot of reading here and decided on the Excal. I am heading to Florida for a month in a week or so (Vero), and remeber seeing a video somehwere, where the person extended the knob part of the excal and maybe the battery pack too, above their elbow!? I swung the detector yesterday for a bit and it seemed a little too heavy for my liking; I have a bad shoulder.

Does anyone reccomend a particular brand or are these all made by people themselves?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

beach

Jan 20, 2015
DE Beaches
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have purchased two carbon fiber shafts from Bill at Rods By Plugger. The 3 pc. And the 2 pc travel shafts. They are extremely light weight and makes swinging the Excal a breeze. They are very nicely made and really take care of you if you have bad shoulders!
Best of luck!

Thanks Rusty. I am going to try the extension I got from Penzfan on here for $20, but if I don't like it, I think I will get the 2 piece carbon shaft.

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I like the plugger straight shaft. I have the 3 pc travel CF SS and also have the elbow extension with it. I tried it and it's "ok". Probably best when in deep, chest high water. for shallow beach water I like my plugger chest mount. That coupled with a bungee cord tied to the mount and to the hand mount on the SS and I can hunt ALL day.. Might also look into the Whites lower shaft where the coil mounts on to. Fits an excal and is 1/2 the weight. Every oz counts right? Now if I could just get my T Rex to lose some weight.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks Rusty. I am going to try the extension I got from Penzfan on here for $20, but if I don't like it, I think I will get the 2 piece carbon shaft.
beach, please let me know how you like the extension. I LOVE mine and would appreciate any feedback that would lead to improving the product. Thanks again for your support!

stavr

Nov 9, 2008
Odessa
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Explorer XS & GQAS v.2 Eric Foster &Eureka Gold & PI Dolphin (HM 9μS)
If you have a problem with the shoulder or elbow Joints - use wearing block on the back (belt).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread