Excalibur extension help!

beach

Jan 20, 2015
DE Beaches
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,

I'm new here and at detecting for the most part. Had a Whites coinmaster, but really wanted to get into the water so did a lot of reading here and decided on the Excal. I am heading to Florida for a month in a week or so (Vero), and remeber seeing a video somehwere, where the person extended the knob part of the excal and maybe the battery pack too, above their elbow!? I swung the detector yesterday for a bit and it seemed a little too heavy for my liking; I have a bad shoulder.

Does anyone reccomend a particular brand or are these all made by people themselves?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With a little research you should be able to find tutorials on how to make your own straight shaft.

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
M1.jpg I think this is what your looking for. Check with lost item recovery. He might be able to make you one? E-mail him.

OP
OP
B

beach

Jan 20, 2015
DE Beaches
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help guys. I will look into all the options listed. Actually, Sonny, I think maybe it was you in a video I say with that extension!? I will get something, cause I know I won't be able to handle as is.

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I would recommend the Anderson shaft long shaft.I have two of them and you will see a huge difference between the original and the new shaft. Also Anderson provides great support if you should need their help for any reason. I am sure that anyone who has the long shaft for the Excal II would agree that it makes a huge difference in the performance and for sure the weight balance. On a side note. I spent two days at Vero recently. All I found was a few clad and a lot of old ship wreck nails. There whole beach has new replenished sand and it was not to productive. I hope that you have better luck than I did. Vero is beautiful and I hope you have a great vacation.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can in fact buy an extention for the back of your standard shaft..... but its still an out of balance shaft. Switch to CF..... lighter, dont lock up, easier to swing in and out of the water and much better balanced. Simple to make.... but by time you run the hardware down almost as cheap to buy a Plugger. Bill makes some good stuff..... his locks are the best ive used and he does make them a travel one that breaks down. He will custom make one for you as well.

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Carbon fiber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

metalhealth

Aug 6, 2014
N.C.
Detector(s) used
excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CF is carbon fiber. If you want a good light strong straight shaft, CF is the way to go. I put mine on one 5 foot piece. It balances it perfectly and there is no flexing like you might get with a 2 piece. If you get the right size, the short dive shaft that comes with your detector slides into it perfectly. You could also get a shorter piece of CF and slide your longer shaft into it if you wanted one that would break down for travel. All you have to do is drill 2 holes at the bottom for the spring clips to pop thru just like what is on your original shaft. Drill holes at the top to bolt on your control and battery pods. Put a bike extension handle and forearm cup and your ready to go. The only disadvantage to mine is that it doesn't break down smaller like a two piece. I got a $2 mop with an aluminum handle at Walmart and cut the mop off of it so that my original long shaft can slide into it if I ever need to travel with it. So far I've always been able to take the 5 footer everywhere tho. You can't imagine how much the straight shaft improves it. I bought mine for $48 shipped on eBay. Search for a seller with name carbonfibersupply. Pm me if you're interested and I'll try to look back for the size I bought. It fit lower shaft perfectly as well as the pods on the other end. Good luck.

Last edited:

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
beach. I make shaft extensions for the stock Excal "S" shafts. They're $20 each for TNET members. They balance the Excal out real nice. I can send you a picture if you'd like.

OP
OP
B

beach

Jan 20, 2015
DE Beaches
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beach. I make shaft extensions for the stock Excal "S" shafts. They're $20 each for TNET members. They balance the Excal out real nice. I can send you a picture if you'd like.

I just ordered one of these from Penz. Super easy to deal with! Looking forward to trying her out in warmer Climes!

Thanks Penzfan!!!

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
I just ordered one of these from Penz. Super easy to deal with! Looking forward to trying her out in warmer Climes!

Thanks Penzfan!!!

beach, Hope you enjoy the product and the Lifetime Warranty. Thanks for your patronage. GL and HH my friend

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beach, Hope you enjoy the product and the Lifetime Warranty. Thanks for your patronage. GL and HH my friend

For twenty bucks it hard to go wrong.

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
I have the Anderson "extension" that works with the STOCK excalibur S-shaft. This positions the unit higher, I don't need and and its never been used, I would sell it to you for cheap if your interested.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Signal, reminder you have to be a charter member to sell here.

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have purchased two carbon fiber shafts from Bill at Rods By Plugger. The 3 pc. And the 2 pc travel shafts. They are extremely light weight and makes swinging the Excal a breeze. They are very nicely made and really take care of you if you have bad shoulders!
Best of luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread