ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought the Wife a 600. But , I'll stick to my excal.

This is what I have been thinking... but I will still have to learn it... so I can set it FOR her...

For she wants nothing to do with learning the machines... she only wants me to hand it to her "ready to go". :/

Which can suck at times... for when I see her heading my way... I know one of 2 things...

So then I have to "read" her face...

If she has wide eyed look with semi smile... she found something good enough to come show me / brag / rag.

IF she looks frustrated... something with unit or gear is wrong and she needs me to stop what I am doing and fix her.

heh

terry g

May 9, 2009
In the Mediterranean on a yacht.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
2 x Excalibur ll, Excal 1000,
Has everyone except OBN and me abandoned their Excals for Noxes?
Yes the nox is lighter and maybe deeper, But NOT as good in the water in my opinion.
Opinions anyone? Tks Gayle

I am still using them...I have three and I mainly hunt in the water. Thanks to OBN and other good folks posting on how to repair them I am able to keep them working without having to send them in to minelab for repairs. I know the NOX have a three year warranty... I still need to get it to Ireland.

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Equinox 800, I hunt in all metal, Fe2 and recovery speed 4,5, and I get great depth. I hunted dry but mostly in the water and had no issues. Here is a picture of my finds while on vacation in the Bahamas.. minus the diamond ring I found for a couple. I hunted mostly water and dug everything. I am still thinking about getting an Excal II. Do you think Minelab will come out with another version? Any modifications or updates?

Collection.jpg

Last edited:

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking about getting pulse metal detector... Excal or a Whites TDI? I have a CTX and Nox 800. I love both of them but I am looking for machine for just the water. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance..

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking about getting pulse metal detector... Excal or a Whites TDI? I have a CTX and Nox 800. I love both of them but I am looking for machine for just the water. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance..

I dont understand your question. You seem to be implying that you want an Excalibur because ITS A PULSE DETECTOR?? Excals are minelab multi freq tech BBS. Its not close to being a pulse induction.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason is cirrect. Excal is BBS, Broad Band Spectrum 1.5 kHz — 25.5 kHz.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Love my Excalibur, First target of the day.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
That’s a really cool looking ring. I’d wear that one. Love that colour stone. Kinda 70’s pimp looking ring.

Aug 18, 2019
South Padre Island Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro SideWinder, CZ20, Whites XLT, Tesoro StingRay II, Whites PI Pro w/950 Dive Coil, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab EQ 600, Fisher CZ3D, Whites TDI SL, Sov. GT. Minelab GXP-4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice Joe!
Keep it up but stay safe doing it!

ShinyShores

Mar 19, 2020
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excal for 10 yrs, CTX 3030 w 17" coil for 3 yrs and now Equinox 800 w 15" coil for past 6 months. I hear Ya, but for dry sand and for surf up to Nox housing, I'll have to go w the Nox 800 w 15" coil. :hello2::hello2:

Gold - 13
Silver 13

Why did you change from the ctx3030 to the nox800?

2Peas

May 26, 2014
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still using my excal....haven't had a chance to get much gold since last summer so I can't afford a Nox yet

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All Bass no trouble...... I will never be able to forget the sound of gold thru the XcaL!!

Bleemus

Greenie
May 20, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys and gals should check out the YouTube channel called JJJAMES as he got rid of his Nox and is keeping his Xcal. Right now he is on a Deus kick but explains why he dumped the Nox.

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You guys and gals should check out the YouTube channel called JJJAMES as he got rid of his Nox and is keeping his Xcal. Right now he is on a Deus kick but explains why he dumped the Nox.

The xcal is my favorite machine - the tones, set up, way it worked, heck even the colors were just great. However, the weight and cost coupled with the constant maintenance issues have pushed me to get rid of it and use the nox.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I loved my Excals. Ah, the sweet sound of a threshold hum for 3 hours. Oh well! After that, the Excalibur was a little long in the tooth as far as rapid recovery back to threshold from null. In the water though, it was Home.
I’d love to have another one but cost prevents it.
I wish Minelab would come out with a redesigned Excal.

Last edited:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So minelab pretty much obsoleted its own high end detectors with the nox ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread