What's new

Excelerator Coil Repair for Minelab Exp II

dbsmokey

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
363
Reaction score
53
Golden Thread
0
Location
Oregon
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a used Minelab Explorer II on ebay and it came with an 18" excelerator coil. As I was installing it yesterday I noticed the wires are completed severed. Has anyone ever done their own repair on a coil wire? If so, any tips? If not, I wonder how much Minelab would charge to repair it. Any advice is welcome.
 
Re: Minelab Coil Repair

ive never tried but it shouldnt be too hard to solder it if its cut in a spot that you can easily get to. strip each wire and tin each wire with a little solder prior to connecting them. it will be easier to make them stick that way and you can use less heat. get some shrink tubing from an electrical supply place to cover your solder joints. i would at least call minelab and see what they say before i messed with fixing it. they might surprise you.
 
Re: Minelab Coil Repair

Excelerator coils are not made by Minelab. Only sold by Kellyco in the US.

Yes, if you technically inclined, a coil wire splice should not be hard to do.

Jeff
 
Re: Minelab Coil Repair

Jeff In North Georgia said:
Excelerator coils are not made by Minelab. Only sold by Kellyco in the US.

Yes, if you technically inclined, a coil wire splice should not be hard to do.

Jeff

Thanks. I realized that Minelab does not make these coils after posting....oops. Anyway, I think I will try to splice it rather than try to find someone to fix it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom