What's new

Exceptional Day! - 68S,69S,70SX2 & Box o Bens

TxTim

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
2,735
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Exceptional Day! - 68S,69S,70SX2 & Box o Bens

Been out of town all week and picked up 4 boxes that were waiting for me.
First and worst:

65x1,67x1,97Sx1,05x1 and a Balboa:
box1.webp

Box 2:

41x1,51x4,52x4,54x2,57x2,58x2,60x2,61x2,63x2,64x3,65x1,66x1,67x5 & 69x1
box2.webp

Box 3:

42x1,45x3,52x1,63x1,64x11,66x3,67x5,68x2,69x1 & 72Sx1
box3.webp

Box 4:

62X1,65x2,66x8,67x6,68x9,69x12,68Sx1,69Sx1,70Sx2,77Sx1,79Sx1,80Sx1,81Sx1,07Sx1,02+x9
box4.webp

This box had a lot of fire damaged coins.

Closeup of 40% proofs:
proofs.webp

It is a rare day to get so many great boxes. Wife is coming home from fetching her mother tomorrow - it's OK because she is also bringing 6 out of town boxes with her!
 
Upvote 0
Re: Exceptional Day! - 68S,69S,70SX2 & Box o Bens

I would love to add that much to my "pile-O-loot" in one day !!
 
Re: Exceptional Day! - 68S,69S,70SX2 & Box o Bens

I had to join this forum just to respond and say WOW! That is really awsome! Congradulations! I hope I have a find like that some time. Way to go!
Matt
 
Re: Exceptional Day! - 68S,69S,70SX2 & Box o Bens

WOW is right! Congrats on a great day! 8)
 
Re: Exceptional Day! - 68S,69S,70SX2 & Box o Bens

Nice, really nice ones there. I hope to have a box or two like those someday.

Happy Hunting,

Scott (Mich)
 
Re: Exceptional Day! - 68S,69S,70SX2 & Box o Bens

Awesome finds there Tim !!

No I know where all the silver (lately) has been going. 8)

I can only hope I have some similar luck soon. Lord knows its not for lack of trying.

Again, mucho kudos.
 
Re: Exceptional Day! - 68S,69S,70SX2 & Box o Bens

I need to get on the next flight to TX
 
Re: Exceptional Day! - 68S,69S,70SX2 & Box o Bens

Nice haul. Congrats, HH Mark
 
Re: Exceptional Day! - 68S,69S,70SX2 & Box o Bens

Thanks everyone!

That #4 box had to be from a fire damaged collection- a lot of those 40% were toned and grungy. The 40% proofs were all right except for the scratches and green edges.
2- 70S's and the 68/69S were a real heart stopper to all have come from the same box.
I've had about 7 skunk boxes this month so it was astonishing to get 3 superboxes in a row.

I found a $1000 bag of quarters yesterday and was skunked except for a Cadillac car key. That was my 2nd (1st was also void of silver), and probably last bag for a long while for quarters.

My remarkable Ryedale has sorted me 37,000+ coppers so far and about 500 wheats.

The 6 boxes of halves coming in today may not yield much. The last time I got anything from this bank was when I went crazy and ordered 8K - and only came away with about 7 keepers.
Good Luck!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom