What's new

Exciting CRHing Day w/pix

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
1,704
Reaction score
55
Golden Thread
0
Had a "real" CRHing day today. Got a nice variety of finds. Stopped at about nine banks. Few loose, but all clad. None of the banks had any "customer wrapped rolls", so I started taking some "shotgun" rolls from boxes. Went through one skunk of $100. Made the dump and picked up another 20 rolls from another bank. When the teller brought them out I could see three "enders". One Franklin and two Kennedy 40ers. Of course, I asked her for more rolls, but that was all they had. The next bank had a full box, so I decided to take it. Don't see any "enders" in this box of $500, so will go through them later tonight and let you know tomorrow if there was anything. Anyway, getting back to the 20 rolls with the "enders". I searched the other 17 rolls first and came across a roll that had two walkers and three Bens (see photo). Another roll had one Ben and three kennedy 40%ers. Another roll had a Walker and a Ben and one roll had two Kennedy 40%ers. After finding these, I was very lucky to come across a 1974-D Double Die in very nice condition. My third so far. Also one 1986-S clad proof with no scratches. One "gold" colored 1974 with 1960 - 1980 stamped on the obverse and a 1990-P clad obviously from a mint set. Last, but not least a very toned 1969 Kennedy. All in all, this is the first time I have gotten that many Walkers and Bens that came out of "Shotgun" rolls. I only get them from customer wrapped rolls. Maybe I should try a few boxes like you guys. Hope the photos come out okay.
HH
rileyboy
 

Attachments

  • 0812001627_0001.webp
    0812001627_0001.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 417
  • 0812001647_0001.webp
    0812001647_0001.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 407
  • 0812001641_0001.webp
    0812001641_0001.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 396
  • 0812001638_0001.webp
    0812001638_0001.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 403
  • 0812001654_0001.webp
    0812001654_0001.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 407
Upvote 0
Fantastic score!! Gotta love that many walkers in a day!! Riley must have brought you some good luck....or maybe the fine cigar! Thanks for posting, gives me hope!
 
Nice find Riley, right back in the mix. I found a couple gold colored halves yesterday. I stopped at a bank on the way home from picking up the bags, all they had was $5.00 in loose. But there was a 71 and a 77 that looked like they were either dipped in gold, or painted gold. The teller said he thought they were commemeratives. But they weren't, I know better.
I never seem to have amazing scores, I'm sure one day I will. Your area seems like a good place to roll hunt, keep at it. I'm just waiting for a huge day, hopefully soon.
 
That's the best when you see silver on the ends! Especially when one is Mr. Franklin looking back at ya. :icon_thumleft:

-bigJ
 
Update on the $500 box I just finished going through: (1)...1964, (2)...1967, (2)...1968 and (2)...1969. Also got another 1974-D Double Die. So, that's the second one today and this coin is really in very nice shape. Lucky day for me.
rileyboy
 
Another nice day Riley. Ya know ive looked at about 10000 1974s and have yet to see a double die. Maybe im just missing it or not looking long enough. Are they worth anything?
 
man, what a day, Amazing!! the 74dd makes it that much better.
 
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats a gr8 score!!!!!!!!!!!!1 keep it up and hh!
 
Good score love to see those kind of pictures :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom