What's new

🤯🤩🐕 I’m not a dogs trainer, Lets move for that silver 🦮🐕🔥💥

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2021
Messages
1,381
Reaction score
4,917
Golden Thread
0
I was told that in A prívate place, where we had been finding some old coins ( from around 1700-1800) included my first cob ( minted hammered coin), Same place where according with old treasure map ( Derrotero) there is marked a hidden silver treasure which the signs on the map were “solved” at 50%, It means that signs and route marked in the map were already found and matching with phisical or real signs in the real enviroment/place, just last part marked in the map is telling about there is a hill with a big three close to a rock ( shape like a eagale head) is not discover yet, apparently under/around that rock are some silver coins.
Well we will visiting that area again, due to owner just find a coin when she was walking in the road close to the hill marked in the map, ( the old road recently was arranged removing bushes and leveling the terrain)

Good oppotunity to work that area with our metal detectors, along with a dog that I has been “ training “ for sniffing the silver and it can guide me to silver coins in the area 🤪

Wish me luck, I will keep you posted

Here the coin recently found there.

Do you think a Dog can be trained for finding silver coins???

🤩



2dac408d-f707-4e09-b598-903a656e95f1.webp
 

Attachments

  • aacb961c-dcea-4214-b487-ff95debd3abf.webp
    aacb961c-dcea-4214-b487-ff95debd3abf.webp
    211.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 563f09ec-7ce3-4cf2-9a3c-8448b630ed90.webp
    563f09ec-7ce3-4cf2-9a3c-8448b630ed90.webp
    311.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 563f09ec-7ce3-4cf2-9a3c-8448b630ed90.webp
    563f09ec-7ce3-4cf2-9a3c-8448b630ed90.webp
    311.3 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Upvote 22
Jorgeke. I wish you the BEST of LUCK !!!! if you find it you might be careful how you disclose about it
 
Congratulations on the Real.
Hopefully more can be sniffed out in the future.
You need to train the dog first to recognize what silver smells like then.....

The only way is to bury it, wait till your scent has disappeared. (Or use rubber gloves) Even walking around you excrete odors that the dog will pick up on. So it will create a false result.

After all smells are well disappeared then
get the dog and see if it can find the silver.
There was another member training a dog to do similar things.
Post in thread 'Detecting with Dogs, your opinion wanted.' https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/detecting-with-dogs-your-opinion-wanted.709929/post-7319618
 
Jorgeke,
Another great find !!
1/8 real (octavo) copper; crowned monogram of Fernando VII, corded edge and 23mm diameter.
From the mint at Durango during the War of Independence; Royalists issue of 1814-1818. An earlier issue (1812-1814) was absent the wreath on the reverse.
Keep swinging !!
Don in SoCal
 
Jorgeke,
Another great find !!
1/8 real (octavo) copper; crowned monogram of Fernando VII, corded edge and 23mm diameter.
From the mint at Durango during the War of Independence; Royalists issue of 1814-1818. An earlier issue (1812-1814) was absent the wreath on the reverse.
Keep swinging !!
Don in SoCal
Thank you Don

I can send you one out of the five that I have, no any charge 👍🏽

Thank you buddy
 
I was told that in A prívate place, where we had been finding some old coins ( from around 1700-1800) included my first cob ( minted hammered coin), Same place where according with old treasure map ( Derrotero) there is marked a hidden silver treasure which the signs on the map were “solved” at 50%, It means that signs and route marked in the map were already found and matching with phisical or real signs in the real enviroment/place, just last part marked in the map is telling about there is a hill with a big three close to a rock ( shape like a eagale head) is not discover yet, apparently under/around that rock are some silver coins.
Well we will visiting that area again, due to owner just find a coin when she was walking in the road close to the hill marked in the map, ( the old road recently was arranged removing bushes and leveling the terrain)

Good oppotunity to work that area with our metal detectors, along with a dog that I has been “ training “ for recognize the smell of silver and it can guide me to silver coins in the area 🤪

Wish me luck, I will keep you posted

Here the coin recently found there.

Do you think a Dog can be trained for finding silver coins???

🤩



View attachment 2244450
Cool coin. Good luck with the hunt. 👍
 
Nice coin, Jorgeke! Congratulations! good luck with the treasure hunt and training the dog to find silver. I look forward to hearing about your adventures!
 
Thank Gare

How about your thougths on dogs can be trained for find silver ?
I love the idea! I have a new rescue pup (10-12 mo) that's Pit/Lab/wippet something. But whatever he is and have raised multiple breeds of hunting dogs in the past, this guy is a scent hound. This guy is an eager hunter. Small and energetic I think he could be amazing. I recently saw these border patrol drug dogs sniff out doubled wrapped, incased in sealed cans, inside of a spare tire drugs, like wth! So why couldn't you teach one to hunt silver? I'm on it :icon_thumleft:
 
Congratulations on the Real.
Hopefully more can be sniffed out in the future.
You need to train the dog first to recognize what silver smells like then.....

The only way is to bury it, wait till your scent has disappeared. (Or use rubber gloves) Even walking around you excrete odors that the dog will pick up on. So it will create a false result.

After all smells are well disappeared then
get the dog and see if it can find the silver.
There was another member training a dog to do similar things.
Post in thread 'Detecting with Dogs, your opinion wanted.' https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/detecting-with-dogs-your-opinion-wanted.709929/post-7319618
Pepperj

Thanks, interesting, now I understand why the dog find Silver coin, due to human contact with the coin

Be in contact
 
Great find and good luck !
 
Thank you Don

I can send you one out of the five that I have, no any charge 👍🏽

Thank you buddy
I appreciate the offer but no thank you. Just keep swinging, finding and allowing me to attempt to ID your coin finds; that will be gradification enough.
Don.....
 
That's a great find Jorke, where there's one there has to be more.

Good luck on your treasure hunt!
 
Silver is used for knives forks and spoons because silver has no taste. I don’t know if silver has a “smell”?
Hi Todds

According with my last learning … Silver has not smell that could be detected by a dog,
 
According with my last learning … Silver has not smell that could be detected by a dog,

Jorgeke, I'd ignore your "last learning" ... dogs have incredible, almost unbelievable scent capabilities. Perhaps the author of your "last learning" failed, for some reason, to
recognize a dog's capability, or, maybe, the dog failed to understand what the writer wanted. That doesn't mean a dog can't detect the smell of silver. Unless that person spent a good portion of their life trying, with numerous kinds of dogs, I'd be skeptical of his assumptions. Just because they failed doesn't automatically mean what they're saying is correct.

...Silver, especially in moist soil, oxidizes, & is giving off gas as it does. I would bet a dog could detect that gas. Most silver was mixed with copper (for strength ...think: coins, .925 sterling, silver plated brass & copper...), & copper oxidizes as well, thus also gassing off as it does.

...May I suggest using some old silver (silver plate should suffice, or 90% silver coins), bury it for a while, & use that in your training ... study up on training methods, & learn that dogs will give false positives, in hopes of getting a reward.

...Some breeds interact & relate to humans better than others, but, in my experience, the right mix/mutt is great ...

...I hope you continue your efforts, & wish you the best ... :thumbsup:
 
ToddsPoint said:
Silver is used for knives forks and spoons because silver has no taste. I don’t know if silver has a “smell”?

....Are you aware that, historically, silver was used for cups, plates, & utensils for it's anti-bacteriological properties? Hence, the tradition of a baby's silver cup & spoon ... not so much as a sign of wealth, but to kill, & help keep unwanted contaminants out of an infant's system.

...I know numerous people who, over the years, have bought & hoarded silver from estate sales, etc. These folks claim to be able to taste the difference between silver plate, & higher-content (.800 & above). I've known at least a dozen folks like this, & even have tried it myself. I couldn't say I could taste the difference, but the metals do have a definite taste ... maybe not as strong as iron or copper, but the taste is detectable (to me, anyway). Food, (to me) does taste better off of sterling vs. steel. If you really want a taste-free experience from your utensils, try wood or bamboo ...
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom