EXPLOR XS, EXPLOR 2, EXPLOR se Need Help

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is no bigger difference around them. All work similar well. :)

Cuerno

Jan 31, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
Coils and Batteries will work on all three, go with the Explorer II or SE but don't get one with the 10" slimeline coil. The XS came out late 1999 with 1/8 speaker jack and only with the conduct digital number readout with a solid one color sissy white. The Explorer II and SE have the 1/4 jack and dual conduct/ferrous digital readout. You better be ready to swing the coil very slow and always rubbing the ground if you want to hear the deep ones.

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
I also hunted with the XLT (since the first ones came out). I LOVED the explorer II. It IS a much deeper machine. Save yourself the money and move up to an SE with the pro coil. The trick is to turn the DEEP setting on, and swing the coil slow and to the ground. Hunt in the smart screen and learn where the targets will "bounce" with depthe. You will soon find 8 to 10 inch coins in the ground. The Explorer II and SE are about the same in depth IMO, though the pinpoint mode on the SE is worth the extra hundred bucks! The early XS is a good machine, though it has weak legs (lower coil rods). Either way, you cant go wrong with digging deep targets.

OP
OP
F

f14tomcat

Greenie
Apr 19, 2009
Thank's for the input, hope i make the right decision, this will have to last a while.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread