What's new

Exploratory field hunt

streakert

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2013
Messages
414
Reaction score
500
Golden Thread
0
Location
central Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Minelab CTX 3030,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exploratory hunt yields loads of buttons IH harmonica reeds and door knob all within 20 yards of one another where their was no home listed on my map, needless to say I will be going back to grid off that field. I also posted in what is it looking for info on the buttons
 

Attachments

  • 1435016791158.webp
    1435016791158.webp
    50.5 KB · Views: 159
  • 1435016806219.webp
    1435016806219.webp
    52.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 1435016818699.webp
    1435016818699.webp
    60.5 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 12
I think you found the sweet spot :thumbsup:
 
Exploratory hunt yields loads of buttons IH harmonica reeds and door knob all within 20 yards of one another where their was no home listed on my map, needless to say I will be going back to grid off that field. I also posted in what is it looking for info on the buttons

Buttons look 1830 to 1840ish.

Assuming Baltimore County... probably pre-Sidney 1850 map.
 
Buttons look 1830 to 1840ish.

Assuming Baltimore County... probably pre-Sidney 1850 map.

Farm field Howard Co. Their is a spring head 50 yards away
 
Nice.

The buttons are in the right range for a later large cent, or maybe a seated.

(and I love any old relics from that era anyway)

I usually work Baltimore, Harford and Carroll Counties.
 
I agree, looks like a promising site. :icon_thumleft:
 
Nice place you stumbled upon

Love the buttons!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom