What's new

Eyes Always Burning?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
14,653
Reaction score
9,097
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, this summer my eyes have been on constant burn notice...I mean they are always red and burning. Thought it might be because I don't wear sunglasses but after a couple of weeks of wearing some UV shades the burning and redness is still there. My vision seems ok and I feel fine, other then perhaps just tiring a bit easier....but this constant burning is driving me nuts. Eye washes have little effect. Anyone else had this issue? Someone told me it was probably from being in the salt air and wind all the time, but....:dontknow:...never had the issue before.
 
Upvote 0
Perhaps Your Area Has Red Tide

One of the symptoms of RED TIDE are burning Eyes. Have you noticed any dead fish ?
 
I concur with red tide. Although, being a fisherman, if wind is prevalent, you've got sea spray syndrome.
Whichever it may be, if you value your retinas, you'll always have eye wear, polarized specifically.
 
One of the symptoms of RED TIDE are burning Eyes. Have you noticed any dead fish ?

Nope. Though we do have this brown tide thing going on over here in the river and the lagoon.
 
I concur with red tide. Although, being a fisherman, if wind is prevalent, you've got sea spray syndrome.
Whichever it may be, if you value your retinas, you'll always have eye wear, polarized specifically.

What, pray-tell, is sea spray syndrome? Never heard of it before.
 
We have some pretty green water going on and yes i think theres a little something in the water. I always wear glasses, but still get it. Could well be to much salt spray. Last year it was worse.... but we had a LOT of heavy Red Tide for months.

Dew
 
Sounds like you need visine ...hahahaha I wonda why. jk. Possibly salt from sweat getting in there. Or your rubbing your eyes and getting them with an irritant of some sorts...maybe work? They could have been burned too, by the sun. hh an gl -Joe
 
detectingwiki: iritatus negative au syndrome the symptoms of iritatus negative au syndrome include the following ailments/manifestations.....

1. burning eyes and confusion/bewilderment.
2. roaming about aimlessly
3. an inability to stay focused and stick to the original plan of action.
4. mumbling and answering ones own questions.
5. trying to turn what you know to be a bad target into a good one.
6. posting on internet forums when the weather is nice outside.

these are just a few of the symptoms of iritatus negative au syndrome which is caused by a severe lack of gold(au) finds.
 
Last edited:
41F6sc8KtuL.jpg
I wear these, they protect you from everything.
 
SLS (sodium laureth sulfate)
If you are using a body wash or shampoo with this crap in it. Stop and see if you notice a change.
 
Other factors-dehydration, body PH and just having (or acquiring dry eye syndrome). Mine is mostly due to age. Outdoors all my life and spent every summer day at the beach in my younger days-no screen-no umbrella-no glasses. Nowdays- a light breeze =what a stiff wind would do to my eyes. Drink a little less water-my sweat burns like mace (just from perspiring-not dripping down into my eyes. Dry eyes wake me up every night-even with that goop stuff. Eye wash/eye drops-if it doesn't say Forte & Natural after whatever name-it burns like mace. Pretty recent-unwelcome change for me. Dr says it just happens.
 
The only Red Tide in Fla. is in Northern Sarasota County and it's Low. There is a lot of Pollen in the air this year. My eyes burn my wife eye burn. Have you ever watched the water puddle after it rain and seen that yellow stuff in the water, that is Pine tree Pollen, it's every where.
 
sounds like newly developed allergies to me.
 
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dennco, yes these goggles likely work for cannon as well. I tried every kind of sunglass at the beach but at some point had to stop and flush out an eye. About 3 years ago I had retinal detachments in both eyes so I am very protective about the eyes now. Recently started using goggles and they work great. No salt spray or water in the eyes, UV protection, filtered air, anti-fog, total protection. No kill like overkill. This may not be the solution for everyone but it is working for me. I still carry emergency eye wash just in case. [/FONT]

Tek
 
Do you use sunscreen on your face? The same thing happened to me when I do.
 
I only get burning eyes cuz I stare at my computer screen while on T-Net so much... :icon_thumright: Seriously though, they hurt.
 
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dennco, yes these goggles likely work for cannon as well. I tried every kind of sunglass at the beach but at some point had to stop and flush out an eye. About 3 years ago I had retinal detachments in both eyes so I am very protective about the eyes now. Recently started using goggles and they work great. No salt spray or water in the eyes, UV protection, filtered air, anti-fog, total protection. No kill like overkill. This may not be the solution for everyone but it is working for me. I still carry emergency eye wash just in case. [/FONT]

Tek

Just a few questions Teklord: Are those polarized googles, used for surfing?
Who makes them, what do the cost, where do you get them?
It looks like they would work great in Hawaii.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom