What's new

F2 issues

JusRoc

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 24, 2012
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I have been playing with my F2 far a while now and I have noticed that the number system bounces all over the place and I never know what I have until I dig it. Also I can set it with iron discriminated and I will get higher tones deep that end up being iron. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong
 
The numbers bouncing indicates a junk target or a deep good target. a good target will lock on with the numbers unless it's really deep. The best thing to do is dig everything until you get the hang of it.

It's normal for rusty iron to give a high tone on some machines including the f2.. especially with a dd coil. swing the coil over the target at different angles.. generally iron will not hit at all angles as you circle the target.

The visual id system is good but not fool proof. Most seasoned hunters will go by sound rather than the vid.
 
Last edited:
Thanks Doug, good to know about the 11" coil, just ordered one yesterday.
 
The numbers bouncing indicates a junk target or a deep good target. a good target will lock on with the numbers unless it's really deep. The best thing to do is dig everything until you get the hang of it.

It's normal for rusty iron to give a high tone on some machines including the f2.. especially with a dd coil. swing the coil over the target at different angles.. generally iron will not hit at all angles as you circle the target.

The visual id system is good but not fool proof. Most seasoned hunters will go by sound rather than the vid.

Great post!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom