May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out & about as a team again today with a 4 hour 15 min hunt.
This time of year we look for areas of failed oil-seed rape. We found a near whole field that we had never tried, but although having a few signs like the lead pot mends, it was a bust other than a buckle.
We tried 2 other fields with pretty poor results, but it's to be expected this time of year.

Scrap Silver (pipe stem piece)
2 late/post Medieval Cauldron Feet
2 Medieval Buckles
1 nice Livery Button.
Bits...

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    191.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    201.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 112
Upvote 22
Great buckles Cru!! Those are two beauties

Great buckles Cru!! Those are two beauties

I don't think I've found a 14th C Buckle Plate with the 5 rivets still in place. They normally only have 4.

Nice hunt Cru! I like that button and the buckles. What's caused the oil-seed rape crop to fail over there this year? Drought? Looking forward to your next post man.

I don't think I've found a 14th C Buckle Plate with the 5 rivets still in place. They normally only have 4.

I'm a big buckle fan and drool over those medieval ones. Never bothered counting the rivets so that's even cooler. Would you consider this find something antiquities would be interested in? Just curious

Nice hunt Cru! I like that button and the buckles. What's caused the oil-seed rape crop to fail over there this year? Drought? Looking forward to your next post man.
Planting at the wrong time. Birds & Rabbits.

I'm a big buckle fan and drool over those medieval ones. Never bothered counting the rivets so that's even cooler. Would you consider this find something antiquities would be interested in? Just curious
Not really.

Not too shabby at all Cru ! I'm reminded again that your mediocre day would be a super day for most of us !

Congratulations on another day of great digs. Do you ever have days when you are skunked?

Awesome relic hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:

Excellent! :thumbsup:
You always have the most interesting variety of finds!

Rape fields?

Congratulations on another day of great digs. Do you ever have days when you are skunked?
With our usually very targeted research, I can't remember being skunked in years (many years).
I post every hunt on here, so if it happens your be the first to know.:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back