Fairgrounds let two more silvers go.....And a tiny tax token...

Corinth1812

Jun 16, 2009
Corinth, Illinois It aint on the map! Southern
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac w/sunray probe, Excelerator EQ2 coil
This local fairgrounds that i hunt does NOT like to give up its goodies. They are certainly there but man do you have to earn them. Through a little patience and walking in the right spot, i managed to talk the fairgrounds into giving me two more silvers today, a pair of roosevelt dimes, both dated 1948, one a D and the other a P, would have been nice to find an S, what would that be a Mint Trifecta??????? The second silver was a strange one to say the least. I hit a chunk of iron that had this strangeness to it that i could not explain, i knew there was certainly iron there but i kept getting a hit of a good tone, and it was consistant, so i dug it up. No surprise i found a huge rail spike about 6 inches down. Uhgggg, moved it out of the hole, and laying directly under it was a nice round silver disc. A silver dime i could not beleive it, i can see how this baby had been missed all those years. Also found a cool fake ring, and a tax token from Jackson County Illinois, for a whopping 1/4 cent. "redeemable for face value at M'boro C of C" Murphysboro chamber of Commerce i assume. Pretty cool little item, it was deep i when i first saw it thought i had found a half dime, but no go. Oh well still pretty cool. The silver dimes are numbers 134 and 135 for the year....

Attachments

• IMG_0121.JPG
    IMG_0121.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 489
  • IMG_0132.JPG
    IMG_0132.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 472
  • IMG_0133.JPG
    IMG_0133.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 473
  • IMG_0122.JPG
    IMG_0122.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 489
  • IMG_0125.JPG
    IMG_0125.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 475
Upvote 0
Thats the way to winkle a couple more silvers out of that site ! Way 2 go ! MaineRelic

Dirt fishing Wolf said:
Nice goodies C1812. Are you pulling out the trash to earn the silver?
Yeah, you have to at this place, all the goodies are pretty deep 8 inches plus, an on top of all that is a billion rusted nails and a trillion pull tabs. With the E-trac i dont dig near the nails i used to, but if you want to find something here you have to dig the iffy signals cause there aint any good solid sounds left...

Nice finds Dave!!! I managed a 1920d merc from some city property here in town. I'm at 86 silvers for the year.

You have been killing it with silver lately at the fairgrounds. It's crazy how much is still out there, you just have to really work for it. The token is really cool!

nice ring and coins .... congrats ! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back