Fake Coin? I think so...

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Hi all,

A person that used to be in our md club gave this to me. She didn't tell me what it was but gave me the impression that it was real.

She claimed to be a friend of Mr Robert Marx and claimed to have md with him. I believed her at the time.

Later our club went to a local ghost town called "Three Sands" Most of us head out into the field, she stayed close to the fence near our cars. After about 30-45 min of hunting, we meet back at the cars to show what we had found. I didn't have much. A couple of the guys had a wheatie or two. I don't think any one found any silver.

When she showed us what she had found, she had a silver dime, silver quarter and a silver half. We were pretty impressed, finding all this silver just in one little area. Then I noticed how clean they were and she said she had cleaned them with a rag from her car. Well that could be, but a rag from the car would not have cleaned all the dirt out of the reeded edges of the coins!

So now we knew that she had "salted" or "seeded" the field. She did not actually dig these coins up.

So with this information, I ask you, what is this? It is kinda heavy, and looks like it is made out of pewter. I don't think it is silver. It has not tarnished, and I have had it for about 10-15 years.

Any help would be appreciated. I really think it is fake, but if I'm wrong, I would like to know.

Thanks,

Attachments

• MVC-005F.JPG
    MVC-005F.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 343
  • MVC-006F.JPG
    MVC-006F.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 343
OP
OP
Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
PBK,

I think you are right. Thanks for the pics and the link.

Tom

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread