What's new

Fake or real?

agatequeen

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
25
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Location
Paradise California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could you experts help me out is this fake or real? What is the hole used for?
IMG_4340.webpIMG_4341.webpIMG_4342.webp
 
Upvote 0
a back story helps a lot
 
No info found in an estate sale. I was thinking of buying this item as I don't have an axe in my collection. The hole looked so perfect and I wasn't sure why it would be there. I am just a newbie at this and would love some good advice. Thanks so much.
 
IMO I think it is authentic. Gabbro or basalt. Drill hole is probably modern.
 
Hmm maybe I should wait and find one that has not had a little modification.
 
if it isnt expensive, why not?
 
For a hole of that size it would take a large diamond drill bit, it could be a natural hole, but with out seeing in the hole is the only way you can tell. For $50 I say go for it and if you don't like what you see, take some good photos of the hole and PM me.:headbang:
 
I guess after I gave you the listing of the axe someone offered him a higher price and they accepted that offer. Oh well that's how it goes. I will keep looking.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom