Family Coin

wesmac

Greenie
Jan 22, 2006
Ok all, I have a coin given to me by my grandfather. He worked in the different government offices and did carpentry work all over the capitol (D.C)before retiring. I tried to take a pic of the coin, but the stupid hp camera 5.1mp wont focus up close. Mabye its just me, cause its a good camera. The coin is dated 1875. It is about half dollar size and is copper in color. It has a Seated woman holding something with the date below the woman on one side. On the other side is either a man with a wig side view, or a woman with her hair up in some fashion. The only letters I can make out are on the side with the side view of the man/lady and its a D. on the right side of the coin. This coin is really most likely worthless b/c it is really worn away and can barely see it, but Im really curious.! THANKS! :-X ??? ::)

OP
OP
W

wesmac

Greenie
Jan 22, 2006
I FOUND IT, ITS A
QUEEN VICTORIA 1875 H FARTHING
Finally!

Dont know how it got to him, but at least the search is over!

Klaatu

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I was thinking it sounded like an English Penny when you said copper. I don't know English coins very well but I believe a copper English Penny is slightly smaller than a half dollar. You might want to look into that.

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something like this one?

Attachments

• Farthing_1860%20TB%204B.jpg
    Farthing_1860%20TB%204B.jpg