ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fan's Roman Sub-Site - GAME OVER...

We did what we thought was a high risk strategy move away from where Cru'Dad had the Gold Coin yesterday. We wanted to grid an area we had never done, it was between Fan's Roman Site & what we believe to be an ancient trackway. It was at least 400 metres from the main spread of Roman Coins but it needed doing & we thought we would get the odd coin & artefact...lol
When we arrived in the morning we saw all the tractors out in the next field & we knew ours would be next. The race was on, but we were far enough away from their starting point to get in 6 hours gridding before they drilled the seed. So this was our last hunt this year.:sadsmiley:
We were shocked to find our 3rd new Roman Site of the year - now called ''Fan's Roman Sub-Site''.

We not only broken our best 1 day total for the year but we got the most Roman 'Largies' in 1 outing!

50 Bronze Roman Coins
8 Roman Brooches - 2 Really good ones, 1 with pin.
1st C AD Childs Roman Ring
Roman Hair Pin
Mystery Bronze Strap Guide??
Jetton
3 Medieval Buckles
1844 Shilling - Better than my 1 in my collection & Dads first Vicky Shilling.

UPDATE:
From a British Museum Expert:
There are only about a dozen BRI coins in my corpus and I would love to add yours. A good image is really important to enable die comparison.

If you could ask the landowner if we could put this coin on the database, that would be excellent. It is really important

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    229.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    204.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    322.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 115
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    275.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    223.7 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Upvote 28
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible amount and assortment of finds. What part of Brooklyn did you find them?? Unbelievable! !

Yeap, that day was pretty special. We started the hunt expecting very little & we soon were finding so much I sent Dad off the field to bring the lunch to me..lol No way I was leaving whilst the tractors were bearing down on us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread