What's new

Fantastic!/Rev. Era Coins, Artifacts, etc. Presented to Board of Directors

bergie

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
1,280
Golden Thread
0
This week was the culmination of about a year and a half of extensively searching a Rev. War era homestead that is now a museum. The director and the board gave us permission and off we went starting back in 2006 (myself, Earthworks, GoingDown and HollowPointRed when he visited). We found many pre-Rev War era and Rev War and post-Rev War era coins (King Georges and Large Cents), buckels, musketballs, buttons, etc. etc, many of which we have ...Earthworks and GoingDown put in hours and hours creating a presentation and a display case with all of the items. Earlier this week, we were the guest of honor at the monthly board meeting. They served a nice dinner of chicken parm, pasta, salad, etc...I went up three times for more food! I started the presentation by telling them what an honor it was to be able to go back in time each time we searched...I thanked them and acknowledged Earthworks and GoingDown for all of the time spent creating everything...then turned it over to GoingDown for the presentation on the big screen TV...lawyer that he is, he did a good job, and they were leaning on the ends of their seats to see the next cool item. At the end, Earthworks went in the other room and brought in the display case covered with a sheet. They gathered around and he unveiled it. They were thrilled and gave us an ovation. Then they invited us back during the summer to a fundraising dinner to show the presentation again. We also hope more sites will come from this. Here's photo of display case. (Yes, it was "painful" to give up some of those coins, but all in all, it was ok.)
 

Attachments

  • P2160010.webp
    P2160010.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 700
Upvote 0
That is excellent. That sounds like a presentation I would have loved to attend. Congratulations on the hard work paying off and good luck on the next find!


Jay
 
A sweet gesture that ranks up with the best of them.

Nice presentation, boygie and friends.

Keep the fever high, folks!

Kyle
 
Bravo to each of you guys. All the fun you must of had just in the digs. You have put in place something for generations to enjoy. HH
 
"I started the presentation by telling them".... you have run out of food :D (your eating sounds like we need a competition sometime ;))

I often give up good finds to the various farmers, it gets less painful the more you find as your 'seconds' collection increases.

I already do displays in the local museum & I'm debating giving them my lifetimes collection when I die. However they haven't the room to house it yet & I never sell anything, & as you have touched on, everyone is a memory & a piece of history that you personally discovered. What better hobbie is there?

CONGRATS
 
Fantastic story and such a great thing you all have done. It was an honor just to get to read your post and see the nice display. Thank you very much. You all have helped our hobby so much with what you have done. Have a great night.

DANGLANGLEY
 
Awesome job all of you. You have now gained the trust and respect of these folks. I don't think you should have much of a problem getting some more great sites.
 
What an incredible thing to be able to do. You all make everyone on Tnet very proud. :)
Keep up the good work & Happy Hunting! ;D
DG
 
You are killin me with the tease! No close ups? I'm dying to see some of that stuff up close. I do remember you guys making some great finds but I can't remember exactly......

That is really neat. Sounds like a great evening. It does sting at first(giving up the goods) but in the long run you will sleep better at night. :) Usually it's easier to give it up when you know going in that you will probably be giving it away....

Bob
 
Excellent Job Bergie.......Earthwork's,Goin' and Hollow......Best of Luck in the future,sound's like you've sparked some interest in the local's.This is what it's all about.Great Job again!!!!
 
That is outstanding! You do credit to all of us.
 
Aw, this is just awesome! And heartwarming. Glad they fed you well; it must have hurt just a little to give up all the goodies.

Any chance you have closer pictures of the contents of that display? Or a link to them if you've already posted 'em would be cool.

That is just very - just right. You guys rock.

HH
Nan

Admiral, love the avatar
 
I would think that what you guys have done with your unselfish presentation/donation is opened the flood gates to all kinds of 'tecting possibilities in your area! I suspect you'll have more than you can do for quite some time. And yes, your personal collections will be the major benefactors.

Strongly suggest you write this up, document it all with pics & submit to W/E Treasures or the like to let the newbies in our hobby see how it's done.

My hat's off to you!
 
Great finds. It takes a lot of moxy to give up finds like those, and guys like you guys or gals are what makes this such a great hobby. Good things come of good deeds. Happy hunting :)
 
This is a most impressive display. I commend you guys for doing such a fantastic job. I would like to personally thank you for being a credit to the MDing community and our society in general. All of you should be proud of yourselves! GJ!
 
Way to go Guys. That was a fantastic thing you did. That display of finds is beautiful. You should be very proud of yourselves.
You can't see it, but I'm giving you a toast AND a standing ovation too.
Thanks for the story & pictures,
MM
 
Great job bringing history to light! I know it must have been tough to give up those nice finds but you and the gang have done an outstanding job saving history for future generations!! Congrats and bravo!!
 
Thanks for all the nice posts. We had a great time. I'm glad now that many people will see these finds not just me. Hey Berg, lets give back all them finds across the river. I'll go out and get a box today! :D
Earthworks...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom