What's new

Fellow CRHers - Youve Got Me Thinking

Ryan1979

Full Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2007
Messages
151
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
St. Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, ACE250
Fellow CRH'ers - You've Got Me Thinking

Ok, since starting this little hobby Thursday with pennies and so far not being able to get the $1000 for first order of 1/2's yet, I got to thinking about what I'm going to do with any silver coin keepers once I do get started. I think there are four options and I would like to hear what the experienced CRH'ers think.

Options:

1. Sell the silver coins right away for their per ounce value.

2. Collect them for the simple sake of having a cool collection.

3. Hoard the silver with the following in mind (correct me if I'm off here on my conjecture) -

A. Hoard with the hope that someday when the money is really needed, silver will
be even higher in price, then sell the coins for profit.

B. Hoard with the hope that with many others selling their silver coin finds for
precious metal content that the 'collector value' will be worth even more because
so many have been taken out of circulation and the coins are now 'more rare'.

or.......

4. Tell my wife to find a swimming pool contractor (she'll be really excited) to give us
an estimate on an in-ground pool.

Then when we get the estimate, sign the contract immediately, but tell the
contractor (real quiet-like) not to fill the pool up with water when he's done.

Then as I find silver, throw them in the new pool. After a few years (or decades) a
person could dive in and swin in silver, just like Uncle Scrooge from Duck Tales.

And finally, find a good divorce lawyer.

But in all seriousness, what do you folks think about the theory of these coins having more collector value as many people are selling them off to be melted away? Is this plausible?

Thanks,

Ryan1979
 
Upvote 0
Re: Fellow CRH'ers - You've Got Me Thinking

I would guess many of the circulated silver coins are not going to be worth anymore than their silver value anytime in our life time. Still silver could go up, way up! Who knows? I am keeping all 90% finds for now and selling the 40%ers. I have taken my profits and purchased certified coins, and most recently I am starting to buy stocks with some of my profits. I simply need more profit! ;D

I also put some 90% silver aside for my daughter and nephew.
 
Re: Fellow CRH'ers - You've Got Me Thinking

I'm hoarding. I can't see selling and buying stock. This profit is a sure thing. I don't see the price of silver dropping in the next seven years. I am saving for retirement. A little tax free play money I will have.
 
Re: Fellow CRH'ers - You've Got Me Thinking

Ryan1979 said:
Options:

3. Hoard the silver with the following in mind (correct me if I'm off here on my conjecture) -

B. Hoard with the hope that with many others selling their silver coin finds for
precious metal content that the 'collector value' will be worth even more because
so many have been taken out of circulation and the coins are now 'more rare'.

But in all seriousness, what do you folks think about the theory of these coins having more collector value as many people are selling them off to be melted away? Is this plausible?

Thanks,

Ryan1979




Dig came up with an interesting article on this.


http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,91995.0.html
 
Re: Fellow CRH'ers - You've Got Me Thinking

lejeuene said:
Ryan1979 said:
Options:

3. Hoard the silver with the following in mind (correct me if I'm off here on my conjecture) -

B. Hoard with the hope that with many others selling their silver coin finds for
precious metal content that the 'collector value' will be worth even more because
so many have been taken out of circulation and the coins are now 'more rare'.

But in all seriousness, what do you folks think about the theory of these coins having more collector value as many people are selling them off to be melted away? Is this plausible?

Thanks,

Ryan1979




Dig came up with an interesting article on this.


http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,91995.0.html

Well, that settles it for me. I'm going to hoard and hope for 'someday' rarity. Great article. Thanks for posting it.

Ryan1979
 
Re: Fellow CRH'ers - You've Got Me Thinking

I sell but I also keep the old stuff, any WL and Ben's.
Pepperpump ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom