What's new

Fenwick Island, DE

LifeNRA

Full Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2013
Messages
220
Reaction score
81
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a so-so day, still fun none the less! Found some cans buried in the sand today, bottle caps, and one dime. People really need to take their trash with them. Cans were whole so I know they didn't come from the beach replenishment that is going on right now. Boy they must do some heavy screening of the sand they pump in! Absolutely nothing! The 350 worked awesome on the beach. I did see it act just a little weird towards the wet sand, but nothing too bad. The deepest target was the bottle cap around 10 inches, the dime was about 7-8 inches. The whole cans were 3-4 inches. I never covered so much groynd as I did today! My arm is sore! LOL!<BR>;)
 
Upvote 0
I wonder what the do with what they screen out ?
do they leave it in the ocean or does someone get the Kings Ransom after ?
If it were my Job, I'd invent something to catch all the goodies.

Anyway cool on the dime & you got some practice in.
P.S. I hope you looked for a date on that dime.
Ocean silver looks like Gray Clad
 
Had a so-so day, still fun none the less! Found some cans buried in the sand today, bottle caps, and one dime. People really need to take their trash with them. Cans were whole so I know they didn't come from the beach replenishment that is going on right now. Boy they must do some heavy screening of the sand they pump in! Absolutely nothing! The 350 worked awesome on the beach. I did see it act just a little weird towards the wet sand, but nothing too bad. The deepest target was the bottle cap around 10 inches, the dime was about 7-8 inches. The whole cans were 3-4 inches. I never covered so much groynd as I did today! My arm is sore! LOL!<BR>;)

people here are to lazy to bring any trash with them too.
This is the daily trash just on the walk down to the beach.
they clean once a day in the morning.
many trash cans ain't even half full while a few are full.
do u think they walk 2 meters to the side? no they throw it on the ground next to the only full cans.
a12232061072.webp
 
people here are to lazy to bring any trash with them too.
This is the daily trash just on the walk down to the beach.
they clean once a day in the morning.
many trash cans ain't even half full while a few are full.
do u think they walk 2 meters to the side? no they throw it on the ground next to the only full cans.
View attachment 864865

THATS TERRIBLE!!! Nothing like that here in Fenwick Island! I love it here! Its super quiet now that all the bikers left. But I still love to hear them roaring up and down route one! We are going to Assateague Island tomorrow. No beach replenishment down there that I know of. That dime was in the 90's. That's the first thing I check when coins from anywhere hit my hand! I was so glad the Pro pointer worked well in the sand as well. Because I never heard anybody using one in the sand. Not sure if it would have had any impact on the smaller detector. It worked great!
 
Last edited:
although the cans look full,
That looks like more then simple litterbugs.

attachment.php


looks more like a Concentrated Effort to mess the place up
and call attention to something.
Was there High Winds ? a Garbage strike, Worker lazyness or Budget cuts involved ?

like I said,
I just wonder if a can or 2 out of site of the camera were dumped
for photo-op.
 
wtf?? looks like a third world country ... whats wrong with people

people here are to lazy to bring any trash with them too.
This is the daily trash just on the walk down to the beach.
they clean once a day in the morning.
many trash cans ain't even half full while a few are full.
do u think they walk 2 meters to the side? no they throw it on the ground next to the only full cans.
View attachment 864865
 
Everytime my detecting friend and I go to our favorite swimming spot we start off by filling a large trash bag with the refuse left on the beach, in plain view of all the people sitting on the beach. It sure gets quieter.....much talking ceases....and a few people will thank us. Some people glare at us, probably the guilty ones. Maybe some will think about there actions and change, maybe not, but the area is cleaner and just maybe a can or two more will go in the larger cans.....I dunno. God bless, Brother Al.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom