What's new

few recent finds

theviking

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2009
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
921
Golden Thread
0
Location
Blue ridge mts, Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
Not much to show this time, no bears, that was a bonus. First find was a crude Ryolite, maybe, knife form. Also a busted Quartzite piece and a few others that might just be large reduction flakes. The large Quartz piece might be a broken Guilford Axe, or maybe not. Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_9016 (800x532).webp
    DSC_9016 (800x532).webp
    48.4 KB · Views: 524
  • DSC_9021 (800x532).webp
    DSC_9021 (800x532).webp
    46.1 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC_9027 (800x532).webp
    DSC_9027 (800x532).webp
    58.3 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC_9029 (800x532).webp
    DSC_9029 (800x532).webp
    35.3 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 0
Nice finds Viking. Any day you can home with something is a good day. I am just out of the quartz belt but when I find one I know it traveled and maybe was traded. I saw one once laced with gold. Pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.
 
We find large quartz pieces like that in Maryland. We've always called them hand axed or choppers. Cool finds
 
I always enjoy seeing those type of tools made from quartz. I have a couple of spots I go to to find them. I went yesterday to a spot that is producing preform points made from quartz. 3/4 of them worked and the rest not finished (kinda oval but thin) look for them the next time you go to your spot. I am in the south but have seen the same type found all the way to PA. Nice point by the way.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom