Sandskimmer
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Jul 6, 2014
- Messages
- 56
- Reaction score
- 59
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Lancaster, Pa
- Detector(s) used
- BH Discovery 2200, Garrett AT Gold
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I'll make this short and sweet. I've been hunting a colonial era property off and on for the past few weeks and I've dug up 10+ COMPLETELY toasted coppers. It's almost worse than finding nothing at all... Last night I pulled up another copper, and much to my delight the face hadn't completely eroded away. My surprise really grew when I cleaned it up and the faces held. Just happy to have found a coin I can put in the display case rather than a cardboard box.


Thanks!
Will


Thanks!
Will
Upvote
8
I'd let it soak for about 15 minutes in some hot soapy water and remove the rest of the dirt with wooden toothpicks. Love to see an IHP in the hole. This was the year of the IHP for me.








