Finally broke my dry spell!

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
Alright! I was able to go hunting for a little while to day and wasn't finding much. I was going to meet the girlfriend for lunch and she called right when I set foot in the creek. I told her I was leaving and hung up, but I walked a little anyway. Then I found this big hunk of flint. I'm not sure on type yet, but man is it nice. I'll post more info on it later. I have to go to a wake right now so maybe tonight. Thanks for looking and HH.
badandy

Attachments

• P9120295.JPG
    P9120295.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 321
  • P9130296.JPG
    P9130296.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 313
  • P9130297.JPG
    P9130297.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 314
Upvote 0
Thanks everybody! Cannonman, I don't know of any Bentons ever being found in this area,but there is a first for everything. I cleaned it up some and found that it's been heat treated. I took pics. of it before and after, but I want to see how the after pics. come out in daylight before I post'em. This point is a tribute to my friend that passed on the 11th. I'm calling it the "Patty Point".
badandy

Morning....

Man I would say you did break the spell. That is a class point.....dont find many of that size around here for sure. Sorry to hear about your friend, but at least you have a nice memories to associate the point with.

Happy Hunting,

Atlantis

Very nice Andy.....sorry for your loss...Maybe someday I will find one so nice. Some of you guys have great eyes for points.

Dave

Nice point Andy! I dont know how you manage to control youself and take a picture before you pick it up. I always say I am going to do that but as soon as I see one I cant help myself!

Alan

HELL YES!

That's what I like to see!!!!!

That is a beautiful point anthony. Amazing...
You need to get out in that creek more often.

Keep your eyes on the ground.

xStevenx

Andy,

Awesome find...a wonderful tribute to your friend.

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back