What's new

Finally broke out of my water hunting slump with 3 gold & 3 silvers!!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
4,715
Reaction score
6,220
Golden Thread
6
Location
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
I've really been putting in the time this summer hoping to put a lot of gold in my scoop, but for the most part it's been tough going. But things took a turn for the better this morning, finally. My buddy Reid and I were at the beach for the 6:00 sunrise and were quickly in the water. Things started out slowly yet again, and as I made my way to a new area I noticed another hunter slipped in just as I got there. So I decided to hit an adjacent spot and quickly scored a nice little silver ring. It wasn't long before the other guy moved on, and I decided to move into the area he had just vacated. It wasn't long before I heard one of those sweet mid-tones, and I was not disappointed as the first scoop resulted in a nice 14kt wedding band gleaming among the shell fragments. Then over the next 15 minutes I proceeded to pull out a silver pendant, a really nice 18" silver chain (with broken clasp), and finally another gold ring with a few misc stones. Later, another part of the beach produced a wide wedding band that did a disappearing act for a bit before I finally coaxed it from the depths. Other than those 6 pieces of silver and gold, I dug 47 coins and a few other junk jewelry targets. I hope this is a good sign that the final few weeks of the season will be productive, and maybe that really special find will finally reveal itself.
 

Attachments

  • 072015a.webp
    072015a.webp
    226.6 KB · Views: 333
  • 072015b.webp
    072015b.webp
    64.6 KB · Views: 352
  • 072015c.webp
    072015c.webp
    51.6 KB · Views: 307
  • 072015d.webp
    072015d.webp
    84.8 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Upvote 60
Way to go Bill- all that gold should pay for another trip up to Vino's backyard to dig the good stuff. Congrats on a great haul :thumbsup:

Hey Jon ,
I have been trying to get him up here, dont think he wants to cross the Mason Dixon line???? Lol.
 
Nice! That's some real treasure right there! :notworthy:
 
Hey Jon ,
I have been trying to get him up here, dont think he wants to cross the Mason Dixon line???? Lol.

George - how many gold rings will I have to line your palm with in order to come up and dig a pit with you?? :laughing7: All kidding aside, I think we might be able to make it happen sometime this fall. It's definitely high on my to-do list. Have you been getting out lately, or is it too hot and dry?
 
That is certainly a great bunch of slump breakers! Congrats awesome silver and gold sores!
Nice finds for sure! Bet the water felt nice too!

The 15 pendant is not gold?

Unfortunately not - just a piece of junk.
 
George - how many gold rings will I have to line your palm with in order to come up and dig a pit with you?? :laughing7: All kidding aside, I think we might be able to make it happen sometime this fall. It's definitely high on my to-do list. Have you been getting out lately, or is it too hot and dry?

Sounds good! No haven't really been out. Hot and work..
Just been lining up some colonial farm fields for the fall.
Seems the farmers are really nice and could care less if you metal detect there land. 2 of them just dont want me shooting deer..lol
 
Teriffic day at the beach man, :thumbsup: Who could ask for more? I guess the other guy could see you were in a drought and left some of those goodies for you.
 
Hey Jon ,
I have been trying to get him up here, dont think he wants to cross the Mason Dixon line???? Lol.

We have all invited him. I think he's afraid he might dig "brand new" 1700's coins and no hammered silvers. Lol.

Nice finds Bill, btw.

Steve
 
You weren't slumping you were just building up. Congrats on the finds. Awesome
 
Great day in the cool blue Bill, and that is a good place to be this time of year.
3 Gold in a day is a great day for any mere mortal. (or honest poster :laughing7:)
I've got to get to my water site...I hope once this year...Actually it's a site I've never been in the water at, but the dry sand produced a few rings, and I know it's not been hunted for 50 years, and has seen some pretty heavy use.
 
George - how many gold rings will I have to line your palm with in order to come up and dig a pit with you?? :laughing7: All kidding aside, I think we might be able to make it happen sometime this fall. It's definitely high on my to-do list. Have you been getting out lately, or is it too hot and dry?

I'm game :laughing7:
 
Relics are always cool... Relic man :)
But gold is gold :P
G-J Bill.
 
Nice finds. Cool chain.
 
I sure hope my slump breaks in such a lofty fashion! Great water finds.
 
I was thoroughly spanked. THE CZ was really shining today. I found like 50 bobby pins does that count for anything?
 
I haven't really done any beach hunting Bill but if I had those are certainly the things I would want to be finding. Value wise, beach hunting seems to be the way to go. Great finds. :thumbsup:
 
Those look like a lot of nice finds!!! Great job!:icon_thumleft:
 
W.T.G. Bill sounds like well spent day ! ! ! Still hoping that my second gold item for this year will show up in the dirt ! !

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom