Danimal
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Aug 16, 2006
- Messages
- 1,142
- Reaction score
- 165
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
- Detector(s) used
- duh...duh... DFX
Some of you might remember a strange bronze delta-shaped pendant I dug up about 4 years ago. It was last discussed in this thread:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,245169.0.html
I wasn't planning on updating this, but Bob (Mirage) my hunting buddy, convinced me that some of you might be interested in what happened since I posted that thread when the pendant was featured in a magazine article.
I don't feel comfortable revealing too many details (based upon some of the expected "it CAN'T be of Minoan origin if you found it in Ohio" responses I got here) but to make a long story short, the pendant has recently been the subject of a 5 page thesis by a well-known Dutch researcher in ancient petroglyphs.
The Dutch reasearcher was able to date the item to 1690 BC.
Let's just say that I no longer own the pendant but I do have $1000.00
Remember, an item, no matter how rare, is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I am satisfied that the pendant will be in the hands of someone that appreciates it, and I will make good use of the extra funds.
As you were.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,245169.0.html
I wasn't planning on updating this, but Bob (Mirage) my hunting buddy, convinced me that some of you might be interested in what happened since I posted that thread when the pendant was featured in a magazine article.
I don't feel comfortable revealing too many details (based upon some of the expected "it CAN'T be of Minoan origin if you found it in Ohio" responses I got here) but to make a long story short, the pendant has recently been the subject of a 5 page thesis by a well-known Dutch researcher in ancient petroglyphs.
The Dutch reasearcher was able to date the item to 1690 BC.
Let's just say that I no longer own the pendant but I do have $1000.00
Remember, an item, no matter how rare, is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I am satisfied that the pendant will be in the hands of someone that appreciates it, and I will make good use of the extra funds.
As you were.
Upvote
2


,I am not a professional archaeologist or Minoan culture expert, just metal detector, nothing more ... but is very pretty and reminds me of the murals Gnosos Palace in Crete (island of Greece)
but ...... 







