FINALLY !! First gold, little 18k beauty..

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As of late, I've been on a mission...a mission for gold. The closest I've found are a couple of buttons with almost non-existent gold plating, and I've been digging every signal 40 and up. Believe me, I've paid my dues, as I have dug enough trash, can slaw and pull tabs to start my own recycling center..and I knew I was getting close, as my nickel count has been higher than other clad/coins combined each hunt. I invited friends Max and Richie to hunt a school with me that to my knowledge, has been hit only by me...as I pulled MAJOR clad out of there my first few trips there...over $30, and that was quarters only! Max strikes first, a cheapie, yet nice ring...then whilst digging my zillionth 46-47 signal, expecting more slaw, BOOM !! GOLD IN THE HOLE !!! I was told when I found real gold, I would know it right away...real gold just has that....look. I must have screamed...coz Richie and Max ran over like my hair was on fire, and kindly watched over my gold-bearing plug while I ran for my phone...also pictured is the 100 yen coin i plucked, probably something little Johnny brought for show and tell and then donated to me...lol...and a huge shout out to Scrappy and ATW...awesome members who coached me through my gold drought...lol..thx guys, you're right! Gold is easy to find...all you have to do is DIG DIG DIG!!...Thx for looking, DDF...

Attachments

• Gold!.jpg
    Gold!.jpg
    703.4 KB · Views: 161
  • Screenshot_2016-09-24-21-21-09.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-24-21-21-09.png
    955 KB · Views: 178
  • Screenshot_2016-09-24-21-39-09.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-24-21-39-09.png
    916 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot_2016-09-24-21-40-08.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-24-21-40-08.png
    1,019.4 KB · Views: 137
Upvote 37
Congratulations on the GOLD!! And it is 18kt.
Man,, when you hit,, you hit BIG!!
I think you will find gold again and soon.
That's just the way it happens. In the meantime,,,
Play the Lottery . lol

Thx very much ATW...and thanks again for the water hunting tips, they were awesome! But I didn't know my Pro Pointer wasn't waterproof, lol...found out the hard way! But it dried out and works fine, looks like I'll have to invest in a Carrot! GL &HH Kevin....ddf

Congrats! I know what you mean about digging all those tabs but that's the karma you got for removing all that aluminum! Way to go and now the next one will come sooner!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back