What's new

Finally found a 2000 wide AM

zmemarine

Full Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
151
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
It only took me about 1500 hundred dollars in penny searching, but I finally found one. What's weird is that I've found 4 of the '98 wide AM's and there supposed to be more scarce then the 2000's. Does anyone else look for these varieties when searching, and has anyone ever found the ultra rare 99 wide am or the 92, 92d close am varieties? I would love to here from the penny searchers their stats on these varieties please.

Semper Fi
 
Upvote 0
I have no idea what you're talking about.

I don't do error searching for the most part, and have no idea what these AM things are.

Can you give me some pictures of the errors, etc.

Thanks!

~Dave
 
Yes I look for them on a consistent basis. I too have found many more of the 1998s compared to the 2000. I have finally completed a full roll of the 1998. I found a 1999 about 1 1/2 years ago.
BB, go to Ken Potter's variety vault wesite, they have photos there.

Happy Hunting!
 
When I started hand sorting cents, I pulled all of the dates to check. Then I looked at my bags with all these cents that needed individually checked, and I said to myself "screw this!" :o Then it became zincs/coppers/wheats, that's it. I'm taking a break with cents for now. I'll post my findings from my boxes to date in a new post.
 
I decided at the beginning of 2008 that I didn't have time to complete as detailed of an error search as I had done in 2007. Just busier and it cut my search time per bag down considerably, but here are my numbers all of 2007, I would expect the 2008 numbers to be in line had I continued.

*********
* Pennies
*********
Total searched: 976487 pennies

I search for the following penny errors for coins I otherwise do not keep (found/searched):
(Year to date totals only)
1971 DDO - 0/400) <-- partial year only
1972 DDO - (2/1908)
1983 DDR - (0/5709)
1984 Double Ear - (1/8968)
1992-D Close AM - (1/14435)
1995 DDO - (0/4494)
1998 Wide AM - (12/3325)
1999 Wide AM - (0/4097)
2000 Wide AM - (11/2986)

There are a number of other error coins to look for out there, but those were the ones I chose to search for.
Hope that helps.
 
Hey GMan and enamel any idea how much your 99 wide am and the 92d close am you guys found are worth? I've heard they are worth a lot of money, but I've never seen how much they go for. Thanx for your earlier replies.

Semper Fi
 
Hey Z, mine graded AU-58 so I would guess around $300.00. Course I will never know unless I try to sell it. That won't happen until I find another.

Happy Hunting!
 
zmemarine said:
Hey GMan and enamel any idea how much your 99 wide am and the 92d close am you guys found are worth? I've heard they are worth a lot of money, but I've never seen how much they go for. Thanx for your earlier replies.

Semper Fi

I have no idea on the 1992-D Close AM....my guess somewhere between $0.01 and $10,000. They used to have prices for MS-60 and up listed on the pcgs or ngc website but they got removed. The prices were in the $2000 or so for MS-60 if I remember correctly. I am guessing mine would come in a touch lower than that.
 
I've found a dozen or so each of the 1998 & 2000 and 2 1999 wide AM's

I sold the 1st 1999 for $100 and put the 2nd one on ebay and it sold for $162.49 ;D
 
Hmm... maybe I SHOULD start to error search... lol.

Sounds like there are some nice sale prices going down with these lil things.

~Dave
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom