What's new

Finally got complaints about my rolled rotten zincolns.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2013
Messages
7,064
Reaction score
8,980
Golden Thread
0
Location
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So into a Mason jar they will go from now on but I will give a future detectorist the pleasure of digging up a CACHE, Oh how he/she will hate me.LOL I might throw a silver dime in just to be nice.LOL
 
I spend them all over town.....
 
Have a pocket full and if they refuse them then pull out a few more and say this is all I have. They will take them......
 
I take them out of my pouch and toss them in the trash. Not worth my time doing anything else with them.
 
you'd probably complain if you received crusted coins for change too
 
Take them and glue them to an old table,picture frame,box,or something else. You could tumble them and clean them up first. Then maybe coat the project in a clear coat to keep it shinney.



Sent from my Xtreme Play Tab v2 using Tapatalk
 
Here are my Toasted Zincolns. About 3.5 LBS.

Toasted_Zinc.webp
 
You can use them to salt the ground lol mask your own secret cache of hidden stuff from other detectorists lmao
 
It is amazing, they corrode, no one will take them, but your not allowed to melt them down to get your money's worth out of them.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk
 
Its sad that our country can't even make coins with copper any more. I throw mine away also when I get home from a hunt.
 
Something I saw just today fits perfectly with this post. Yet another idea of what you can do with those pennies....and a few more.

diy-penny-floor-tonya-tooners-1.webp


Yep, made entirely of pennies and then coated with epoxy.
 
Tumble them.


Something I saw just today fits perfectly with this post. Yet another idea of what you can do with those pennies....and a few more.

View attachment 1400412


Yep, made entirely of pennies and then coated with epoxy.

Both ideas not something you would want to do with corroded, flawed zinc pennies.
The idea is to get them accepted by a coinstar or bank, neither is possible since a machine will reject them by weight and maybe other criteria, bank will reject them on policy.
 
The rotten , corroded , leperous zincolns I also trash - the intact ones , I dump into a bank coin counter every six months or so (only where I'm a member - no charge )
 
I have gone as far as to fill in the gaps and spaces on them with expoy or clear finger nail ploish, then paint them with a copper marker and pass them off in change. If they end up in a bank the are sent back to the mint to be recycled.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk
 
Gradually passing off in change probably the only viable option, obviously not worth the bother to most including me.

I save mine, exactly why I'll never know. If for nothing else, when I find them just like any other trash I don't simply toss them aside, I pocket them. Once pocketed, seems to make some kind of sense to hoard them, for posterity perhaps.
 
I have gone as far as to fill in the gaps and spaces on them with expoy or clear finger nail ploish, then paint them with a copper marker and pass them off in change. If they end up in a bank the are sent back to the mint to be recycled.

That's a lot of work for a cent. I throw them out, but I fantasize about throwing them at zinc lobbyists instead.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom