What's new

Finally ... got my CZ-21 back ...

Willee

Sr. Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
313
Reaction score
56
Golden Thread
0
Location
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It was out on loan and developed problems.
Intermittent short/open in the coil wire right where it enters the detector.
Coil wire needs to be cut back and re-soldered to the main board.
Fisher says cant repair unless upgraded to a CZ-22.

Not a bad deal to upgrade it ... $295 ... considering the coil wire repair alone could have cost $100 plus shipping.
Thought about repairing it myself but this seems like a very good deal
Think I will box it up and send it in.
Thank you Fisher Labs ... always have liked the CZ-21 ... sure I will like the CZ-22 even more.
 
Upvote 0
Something is very wrong here........ :icon_scratch: Fisher has no CZ-22 in development or anything called a CZ-22 upgrade from a CZ-21. To make sure I just got off the phone with them and there is NO CZ-22 planned.
 
Willee said:
It was out on loan and developed problems.
Intermittent short/open in the coil wire right where it enters the detector.
Coil wire needs to be cut back and re-soldered to the main board.
Fisher says cant repair unless upgraded to a CZ-22.

Not a bad deal to upgrade it ... $295 ... considering the coil wire repair alone could have cost $100 plus shipping.
Thought about repairing it myself but this seems like a very good deal
Think I will box it up and send it in.
Thank you Fisher Labs ... always have liked the CZ-21 ... sure I will like the CZ-22 even more.

WHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you know something you better spill it!
 
Yes ...something about a CZ-22 ? Ive never heard of ? My CZ 20 has this same issue & Im considering a repair on it ..I'd like to hear more of this first :icon_scratch:
 
Prairie Prowler said:
Yes ...something about a CZ-22 ? Ive never heard of ? My CZ 20 has this same issue & Im considering a repair on it ..I'd like to hear more of this first :icon_scratch:

Sorry ... got my numbers a bit off.

I have a CZ-20 ... it will be upgraded to a CZ-21.

I could go back and edit the original post but then the replies would be confusing.

Willee
 
The way these companies tweak the numbers so often, anybody can get them crossed up. :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom