Finally got my nerve up

M

mchamby

Well I finally hit the local central park in town, I have been wanting to go all summer but due to dry weather and local businesses I needed to do it on a day of least distraction. Monday turned out to be the day, most of the businesses were closed and people were at the State fair. I know the park has been hunted in the 70's when our club was formed but I was sure I would find something of interest or even clad.
I found a total of 10 quarters dating from 1976
"? ? ? ? ? ? ?"? ? ? "? 17 dimes the oldest being 1965
"? ? ? ? ? ? ?"? ? ? "? 45 pennies dating from 1966 and up. There were many more penny signals but I was getting tired and running out of oxygen.
I found one wheatie 1935
One rusted bolt and nut
Several old beer tops
One nice silver ring a little on the bent side. Since I can't take a pic I will discribe it best I can. The center of the ring is open with a? man in the moon with a silver ridge that goes all around it to make a circle aout 1/2 inch. Next to the smiling moon is a single small star hanging form the ridge top. The band makes another ridge to stabalize and splits on either side in an open V and then joins again on the side to come together for the band I hope that makes sense.? ? ==>O<==? ?Maybe that helps. I had three girls about 11 stop to see what I was doing, one said she had a detector that she never took out of the box but seeing I was finding coins she thought she might give it a try. I showed her how to dig a hole and she was impressed that she couldn't see when I had dug when I repaired it. I also told her to get permission.? It was a good day and I had fun gettig out.
Mchamby 8) :D

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds! Glad you had a great time!

;)

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Hey there, glad your getting out. How are you doing. Sounds like you had a great day, and since you found a wheatie, you know there is some silver there. Now that you got you nerve up, go back again when there are people. You will find they are very curious and will be interested in what you are doing. Congrats...Lance

OP
OP
M

mchamby

Thanks for the replies.
ComfyinVT I get out once or twice a week or at least I try. Thanks for asking how I am. It's been a difficult summer and my lungs are giving me a run for my money I'm down to 35 percent use and its getting more difficult to do things. I try and be creative in mding like my bucket I sit on. I am running out of easy to access areas though and I have not had good luck with private home owners allowing me to detect. I do have a yard to do when it rains again to try and find a widows lost wedding ring, I hope I find it for her. You seem to be having a great summer keep up the good finds and the post.
Mchamby

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure to give that girl this site next time you see her!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread