Finally got out. Antebellum Gold, Dragoon Gold, and more Old Coins and Relics!!!

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Killer hunt at a property I got permission for back in the winter time and finally had the chance to go back today. Spent about 5 hours there. Most of the property was inaccessible due to 2 foot tall grass but the mowed section and dead patches produced a TON. This place has got tons of history to it. First I got a colonial saddle strap guide, then a button back. I started going slower and started gridding this small mowed section. Coins began to fly out of the ground! I first dug a 1904 Indian Head and then a few feet away dug a shield nickel with rays; then, out from the same hole, I dug an 1857 Flying Eagle! My third flying eagle cent for the year. After that a gorgeous 1817 Matron large cent showed itself. It seems these are harder to come by south of the Mason Dixson than in the north. Then I got two silver dimes back to back, 1920 merc and a 1911 barber. Close by I also dug another Indian, 1885. After that the coin finds subsided and the relics started coming. I moved to another area of the property and the buttons began to surface. In the midst of the buttons I found a Minnie ball, a barrel tap (my first!) and a BEAUTIFUL gold ring. Lucas (PACIVILWARLUKE) and I concluded it probably dates before the Civil War, it's got two large diamonds and not a single marking inside - further showing its age. The shells or roses on the sides are awesome too. After that I found a candle snuffer part and some other odd brass pieces. Before i left, I decided to hunt a portion of the over grown area to see if there was any targets. I got a nice signal and out popped my first lettered Civil War button ever, and it's a nice one. Eagle D with 100% gold guilt and a perfect shank! What an awesome day!!! Not bad for a 5 hour hunt!!!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Upvote 24
Great work! Multiple top finds in one hunt, awesome! You should think about cutting that tall grass, who knows what's in there.
Thank you!!! Planning on bringing a mower next time.
Whoa... I was giddy reading about your post. What an incredible permission. just WOW...
Thanks man!!
Heck the way that permission is producing, I'd be half tempted to mow it (with the owners equipment and gas of course). I know where you'll be spending much of your time. You dug 5 hunts worth of keepers in 5 hours. WTG Isaac :headbang:
Thanks, that is the plan!!!
Nice post to go with some great finds. Congrats. Best of luck on the return after the grass comes down.
Thank you Evolution!
You can not have a better hunt then that lil bit of everything!
Those are my favorite types!
Great hunt!! Offer to mow the lawn and explore the rest of the property!!
Thanks man...... so pumped to go back soon!
A little bit of everything in that pile Isaac. Awesome hunting!!
Thanks Bill. These are my favorite types of hunts. :D

Can I go metal detecting with you? Unbelievable day swinging! :notworthy:

Wow, that's an insane amount of GREAT finds, congrats!

I feel bad now - I passed up thos post several times choosing not to take the time. What an idiot!! :BangHead:

VERY nice!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back