Finally...It Got Up To A Balmy -11 Degrees Celsius/22 F. I Worked Up A Good Sweat!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
It got to around -40 yesterday during the day, a tad too cold for this wimp! Skin freezes in minutes at those temperatures. However, today....this morning, the temperature rose to -15 which is a go. I did my honey do list, did some banking, then headed out to some snow hills where I was hoping to pick up a little pocket change from those people tobogganing down those hills. I did get some loot, about 4 hours of exercise, and sweaty clothing for dressing too warm. :sad5:

a first.jpg

Markomyt1

Dec 1, 2013
Cheyenne, WY
Detector(s) used
Garret Freedom III
AT PRO Woot!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You go Mister!
I was out before Christmas at 26F and it sent me home crying... ;-)
Keep Digging!

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Now THAT is what we NEED and AP for...temperature on the display!

I am waiting for the Polar Vortex to move back north before hitting the ocean again. I have yet to make it into the water this year. Wet sand is freezing as fast as the tide goes out. Time for another cup of coffee... I have to get a tub to rinse off my new ATX and keep the cam locks free. I understand Garrett is getting complaints on them tightening up with silt and fine dirt. A gallon of water and a power drink bottle spray did not keep the top cam lock from tighten up to the point it took two grown men to loosen it up. DO NOT HOLD the control box and try to twist the cam lock on the ATX! The only thing that holds the shaft in place is the small detent lock and this is a weak point IMO. Only time will tell and that will not happen this week...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions