What's new

Finally....my first SLQ !!!!

Mr. Digger

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2014
Messages
724
Reaction score
2,001
Golden Thread
1
Location
MASATHVSETS
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, SE pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
An SLQ was at the top of my bucket list, and it finally happened yesterday! It's a 1923 and it's actually in decent shape but I'm going to keep working on getting that tarnish off (it's not a key date). I guess a flying eagle cent or maybe a capped bust anything is now at the top of my wish list. Happy to get the SLQ before the end of this season and already looking forward to next!
 

Attachments

  • SLQ.webp
    SLQ.webp
    38.8 KB · Views: 141
Upvote 36
Nice SLQ! Congrats on your first, and with a date too!
 
Congrats on checking one off the list. The SLQ still eludes my coil. Nice watch, buckles, and ball.
 
What a thrill for a first. Congrats!
 
cool,still waiting for my first,have one half. brad
 
Congrats on your first SLQ fellow Mass hunter! It's my favorite coin in the world and I always look forward to seeing them posted- Hope you find many more!

-- Jeff --
 
Congrats on your first, and many more! :occasion14:
 
Congrats, I'm liking that tarnish look, gives it character.
 
great finds. any readable date slq is awesome. such a beautiful coin. congrats!
 
I got 3 or 4 SLQ's... all of them are 19something:dontknow:... congrats on pulling one with a date.
 
Now thats a beauty ! Congrats to you!
 
Congrats! Looks like what is on your list next might just be there judging by those other finds.
 
no real rush to clean the SLQ any more. Personally, I'd keep it as-is and wouldn't potentially ruin it by polishing it.
 
A real nice standing quarter and an early one of the series to boot.Those quarters before 1925 are hard to find with a date.since the date was on a high point on early issues and wore off easily.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom