What's new

Finally some coins...and a ring ?!

KyDigNQueen

Sr. Member
Joined
May 30, 2016
Messages
353
Reaction score
884
Golden Thread
0
Location
KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to an old school park today. Found my very first coin. It was a 1977 dime. Then found 3 more dimes 1972, 1999, and one I can't read the date on yet. Not sure how to clean it??? I then found 2 pennies. After that I got another BIG signal and was stoked when I saw a ring covered in dirt with a stone in the middle. I'm thinking holy cow, it's someone's class ring!!! I was hollering at my husband that I had found a ring, haha. Took it over to him and upon closure inspection realized it was a cheap, fake ring. Yes, I felt disappointed and a little silly for celebrating too soon. Guess I should look a little closer next time. It got hot quick so after 3 hours in the sun sweating to death we called it quits. It was great to get out and spend some time with my husband dirt fishing. He has his own AT Pro, also. image.webp
 
Upvote 18
Very cool ,hope thats the start of many!
 
Hey a ring is a ring. Congrats on all your firsts!
 
Congrats on your coins & ring find and your next ring will be gold any way thanks for sharing your pictures and story with us and I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing with your ATP.

Texas ED
 
Just finished a essay on your other post, & you pretty much proved part of what I was saying - location,location,location.

Even with as many years under my belt I still have mini celebrations/heart stopping moments when I see the edge of a gold plated button etc...(thoughts jump to gold coin)
 
Still got all your firsts ahead of you first silver first gold ect. Dig all your targets with the AT PRO you will learn your machine much faster!!!!Good job!
 
Congrats on all your "firsts"!
The ring does resemble a class ring.
Hey, its your detecting party, if you want to do a little pre-celebrating go right ahead and enjoy yourself, you'll get no arguments here!

I've done it myself....there was gold strip of metal, about the size of a gold bar....i got a "little" excited! :D

As for cleaning a clad dime i use an old tooth brush, if the crud still remains i put my common clad dimes in a small jar pour in some vinegar and a little salt and shake it a little.
Rinse it off in water and dry it.
If you leave it in too long it turns a dull grey color.

Just don't clean the pennies and clad together.
 
Just finished a essay on your other post, & you pretty much proved part of what I was saying - location,location,location.

Even with as many years under my belt I still have mini celebrations/heart stopping moments when I see the edge of a gold plated button etc...(thoughts jump to gold coin)

Thanks Crusader! I really appreciate the time you took to respond to my posts to help me become a better dirt fisher :thumbsup:
 
Congrats on all your "firsts"!
The ring does resemble a class ring.
Hey, its your detecting party, if you want to do a little pre-celebrating go right ahead and enjoy yourself, you'll get no arguments here!

I've done it myself....there was gold strip of metal, about the size of a gold bar....i got a "little" excited! :D

As for cleaning a clad dime i use an old tooth brush, if the crud still remains i put my common clad dimes in a small jar pour in some vinegar and a little salt and shake it a little.
Rinse it off in water and dry it.
If you leave it in too long it turns a dull grey color.

Just don't clean the pennies and clad together.

Thanks for the tips! I will try to clean them with this method to see if I can get a date on that one dime. As for the celebrating, I'm sure it will happen again. It was a rush ( for 3 or 4 seconds) and I could see myself becoming addicted to the sport ;)
 
Still got all your firsts ahead of you first silver first gold ect. Dig all your targets with the AT PRO you will learn your machine much faster!!!!Good job!

Thanks!
 
Nah celebrate instantly, it's those moments that are fun. The hunt wouldn't be nearly as exciting without them!
Skippy, you are right! As I told Msbeepbeep, that feeling was awesome and I can't wait for the next find to feel it again, haha!
:icon_cheers:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom