Oct 30, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last time I was out was December 15 so its been a long cold winter and the ground is still froze in spots. On Tuesday I got permission to hunt 4 new fields so Saturday morning I hit the first one and there were signals everywhere. This field had 3 houses on it in 1853 and 2 in 1904 and none by 1950 according to the farmer, so I figured the would be a wide range of stuff. The first thing I dug was a 1873 Indian so I'm thinking there might be alot of coins here, 3 hours later I dug my second one 1850 large cent, it didn't mater I'm out digging and its great! So in between coins I got a nice bell, part of a pocket watch and several buttons, one was sitting right on top of the ground and when I flipped it over it has an Eagle on it maybe a cuff button? IMAG0708.jpgIMAG0703.jpgIMAG0701.jpgIMAG0704.jpgIMAG0705.jpgIMAG0706.jpgIMAG0707.jpgIMAG0714.jpgIMAG0713.jpgIMAG0717.jpgIMAG0718.jpg

Upvote 7
Love finding Indian heads lets ya know your on a old site for sure.

I am right there with you Jyver ! I got my first field hunt of the season in yesterday. Looks like you will have fun on those fields once they open up completly ! Some nice finds already ! MaineRelic

Those bells are so hard to get whole from ploughed land!

Nice finds indeed, I've yet to find a fully intact bell, hopefully this is the year.

nice assortment. Glad you could get out there. I woke up to a winter wonderland. I have maybe a week or two left of this mess if I'm lucky. :BangHead: Thanks for sharing and keep posting. It will keep me going until I can get out there. Cheers!

Nice relic finds! Congrats on getting out!

Snow here is finally gone, ground has thawed, but with 3 days of heavy rain, I think the ground will float away!
The detecting tools go from flame thrower to pick axe and now probably a boat! Never a dull moment and all just to be able to dig in the soil a little!

That bell is super cool, nice finds, hope to get out tomorrow if it stops raining and snowing

Thanks guys, I can't wait to get back out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back