What's new

Find old gold watch today

GuyToken

Sr. Member
Joined
May 2, 2015
Messages
267
Reaction score
2,456
Golden Thread
2
Location
West of Montréal
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Explorer11
excalibur11
XP déus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found finally by some gold and have no ring. An old watch.
It is not stuck, great heavy.
I work to open it feel nothing broken.
GuyToken


 
Upvote 38
Beautiful bucket list find! Have you tested it for Gold content?......God bless
 
Beautiful looking pocket watch Guy, congrats!
 
Beautiful watch, crack that thing open so we can see the inside!

Steve
 
Now that looks looks nice. Any markings on the inside?
 
WOW , GIVE THIS GUY A CEEEGAR THATS A NICE POCKET WATCH AND I SEE YOU HAVE A MUSKET BALL ALSO . BUT OPEN THE DANG WATCH THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME...............................
 
Awesome finds! Nice ornate design on the cover. Congrats on the musket ball too!
That must have been a loud signal.
 
Finally I have little to open the watch, here is my first one information.
Elgin Serial Number : 7049697
Production Year :1898
Size : 18s
Jewels : 7 jewels
Grade : 73
Model : 5
Class : 11
Run Quantity : 5000
Production Dates : 1886 to 1898
Total Grade Production : 659000
Movement Configuration : Open Face
Movement Setting : Pendant Wind and Set
Movement Finish : Gilded
Plate : Full Plate
Barrel : Going Barrel
Adjusted : No
 
OK, thats pretty good when Dad or I get the silver versions they are all smashed up by the plough.
 
What a wonderful find - In that condition I'd probably see about getting some new guts put in there so you could use it !
 
a thumbs-up.webp
 
Great pocket watch. I've yet to find one intact, only find casings
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom