What's new

Went back to an old permission and struck gold!!

Oldrvrrat57

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2022
Messages
977
Reaction score
6,346
Golden Thread
1
Location
Illinois
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 and XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Decided to get out today for a short hunt and went to the homesite where I found the 1848 half dime the other day and on my very first signal out pops a gold ring! Even though its broken I'm really pleased with it, not marked on the inside but I'm thinking its really old.
1000010086.webp

1000010085.webp
1000010083.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 4
interesting find. First photo makes it look more silver than gold, and second photo seems to show three layers to it? I wonder what the designs on it represent?
 
interesting find. First photo makes it look more silver than gold, and second photo seems to show three layers to it? I wonder what the designs on it represent?
I'm not seeing layers but it does still have dirt in the breaks and scratches, going to have a friend test it for me and see if it could be plated, thanks for taking the time to look at and responding!! Not sure of the design meaning if there is one!!
 
No way that's plated, I don't see a hint of tarnish around the cut area, it would turn green there quickly in the open environment if it was plated brass. Someone cut this gold wedding band off their finger and then wore it like that and it fell off as a result. 10k-14k gold for sure.
 
I'm not seeing layers but it does still have dirt in the breaks and scratches
It could just be part of the design or scratches I guess. This is what I was seeing, right along the edge that is facing up in the photo:

1790628639249.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom