What's new

Finding chains with a Tiger Shark.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2011
Messages
2,809
Reaction score
4,474
Golden Thread
0
Location
Stuart VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always heard that the Tiger Shark is a Chain magnet. I usually run in discriminate mode and have found a few chains but they were targets that I normally would not dig. Should I run in all metal slow or all metal fast for those small gold chains that I know are out there? Thanks
 
I have no water experience but I'd dig/scoop everything I knew was not iron 'in the Ocean' So IMO All Metal in the setting you like best. In a lake Id def, may use discriminate in a lake.
My Opinion
 
zero disc is the only way to find gold with a PI detector.. Trust me from a long time garrett seahunter user.
 
IMHO: I run my Garrett Infinium wide open in the water and dig everything!
 
The Tiger Shark is a VLF machine. All Metal Fast.:skullflag:
 
zero disc is the only way to find gold with a PI detector.. Trust me from a long time garrett seahunter user.

My mistake I see now that is a dual field but would still run zero disc to find small gold
 
Terry, I believe it was Sandman that said to run it in All Metal Slow a few years ago. Every now and then I get a chain with it in disc with disc set at 3 but only because I dig popping signals. I have never found one with a good repeatable signal. I know there are chains in the swimming holes that hunt because I find loose pendants. I really want to learn the trick to finding them. Thanks
 
Gotta go with what works for you Steve, Try it in slow.:skullflag:
 
I have found several gold chains over the tears with my Tiger I run my disc around two. I do know for a fact it will miss some small chains at that setting. I did on one occasion eyeball a small Gold bracelet and when I ran my coil over it Nothing . I do sometimes dig those popping clicking signal if I suspect a chain more times than not in a junk chain or other junk. If I found a pendant I would for sure switch over to all metal and do a search.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom