Finding Clad

How Much Clad Do you Find In A Day's Hunt

• Total voters

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III
Shallow clad is no different than any other junk in an old park. Gotta clear it out of the way if you want to hit the older deep coins. My friends Dave and Vicky and I have been hitting a park that was considered hunted out. We have gotten about 3 dozen silver coins out of one small area. We are at a point now where almost every good coin we get had some kind of masking associated with it. I have had a case where a copper memorial penny would be masking an on edge silver dime several more inches down. So I do dig the clad. It adds up, and you just never know till you dig.

Rich

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
I don't mind digging up clad, especially quarters ;) but i would rather hunt in an area where there is no clad or modern junk, just nice old relics and coins :) course clad and modern jewelry is nice once in a while ;D

S

SASQUASH

The areas I hunt dont have any new clad. if I come acros a coin it will be a old one. Most of what I find is relics. MARRY CHRISTMAS<>< from SAS.

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
i do not mind clad coins, they are fine with me.... :) and i use them too... 8) if they are not presentable, i use them in a vending machine :D .
the cents, if they are in good condition, i use them to pay the extra change,
ie: $ 12.65, i take 5 cents that i have found detecting and use them to pay that part of the tab .... lou

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
i use the clad i find for tip money when i go out to eat, yea i know, but i wash and clean it first, lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread