What's new

Finding V nickel in parking lot

Kenkoehn1950

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2013
Messages
94
Reaction score
71
Golden Thread
0
Location
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT, ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was hunting a hill along the lake at a local park and noticed that a road crew was digging up a parking lot. Waited until they left and went over to search dirt pile and area left u filled and found this 1904 V nickel coming in loud and clear at 53. Also found the wwII wheat backs on hill!
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    299.5 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 18
great_find.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...
 
Wow, those wheats sure are varied in their colors! Is the little feather marked?
 
Good work guy.... I was lying on some super hot pavement a couple weeks ago in a large parking lot. I was changing out my son's frozen rear caliper and saw a penny lying under the car. I finally reached over to grab it when I was almost finished. It was a 1929 w/no mint mark wheat penny. I was kinda surprised...

Good job on the nickel find! :occasion14:
 
Nice finds. You took full advantage of the situation and exploited it to your advantage. WTG
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom