Finds 5-26-2024 Part Two

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master, Deeptech Vista X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hit two locations yesterday. You can see the finds from the first location at Finds 5-26-2024.

I have a permission that tends to produce little in the way of items older than the house. The property was farmed till 1973, and there is a barn from roughly late 1800's on the property. The barn is on the 1874 map, but not the 1860. Lately though, I've been starting to find older items. Around the barn has been a cluster F***. It was loaded with iron and tin trash which I've only begun to get to the point where I can now hear higher tones. I've been working this location for about a year.

I'll start with the trash. A couple of mason jar lids and some iron items. One of the iron items is either a file or chisel, still not sure. You can see where the file or chisel part gets to the tang, the tang was rolled. There is a clip for something, and a Nutley Oleo/Margerine wrapper. Also, a very shiny disc. I'm sure that must be of Alien origin. 😁

P1001438_WM.jpg
P1001439_WM.jpg

Found what appeared to be a penny but it was completely crusty. No way of telling what it was. A little time with Andres pencils and a little lemon juice and it turned out to be a 1910 wheat penny.

P1001446_WM.jpg
P1001447_WM.jpg

Found this farmers market token from the 5th street farmers market. The only farmers market of that name I know of is southwest of us in Reading.

P1001442_WM.jpg
P1001443_WM.jpg

Then there is this, no idea what it is from. I only know where to send it!

P1001444_WM.jpg

Here are some clad coins, pottery, glass, and a button. The above item is also there along with what I'm thinking might be some type of reed which I posted in the What Is It? category.

P1001448_WM.jpg

For good measure here is the possible reed.

P1001440_WM.jpg
P1001441_WM.jpg

The floor of the lower part of the barn is dirt. I'm going to speak to the property owner about getting into the barn to swing the floor.

Thanks for looking...

Upvote 6
Gotta love the Farmers Market token! :icon_thumright:

Cool finds. Thought that wrapper was porcelain for a minute LOL.

Good stuff.
You may be right about the disc being of alien origin. It resembles the drive sequencer for a flux capacitor. 😆

I hit two locations yesterday. You can see the finds from the first location at Finds 5-26-2024.

I have a permission that tends to produce little in the way of items older than the house. The property was farmed till 1973, and there is a barn from roughly late 1800's on the property. The barn is on the 1874 map, but not the 1860. Lately though, I've been starting to find older items. Around the barn has been a cluster F***. It was loaded with iron and tin trash which I've only begun to get to the point where I can now hear higher tones. I've been working this location for about a year.

I'll start with the trash. A couple of mason jar lids and some iron items. One of the iron items is either a file or chisel, still not sure. You can see where the file or chisel part gets to the tang, the tang was rolled. There is a clip for something, and a Nutley Oleo/Margerine wrapper. Also, a very shiny disc. I'm sure that must be of Alien origin. 😁

View attachment 2151319View attachment 2151320

Found what appeared to be a penny but it was completely crusty. No way of telling what it was. A little time with Andres pencils and a little lemon juice and it turned out to be a 1910 wheat penny.

View attachment 2151326View attachment 2151327

Found this farmers market token from the 5th street farmers market. The only farmers market of that name I know of is southwest of us in Reading.

View attachment 2151323View attachment 2151324

Then there is this, no idea what it is from. I only know where to send it!

View attachment 2151325

Here are some clad coins, pottery, glass, and a button. The above item is also there along with what I'm thinking might be some type of reed which I posted in the What Is It? category.

View attachment 2151328

For good measure here is the possible reed.

View attachment 2151321View attachment 2151322

The floor of the lower part of the barn is dirt. I'm going to speak to the property owner about getting into the barn to swing the floor.

Thanks for looking...
wow, great saves for sure. thanks for posting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back